QuNeo BM3 Template

This discussion was created from comments split from: QuNeo BM3 Presets.

Comments

• Here's what I've got. It was made a while back, before bank groups and the like, so consider it a starting point. Your workflow may differ.

Focus Template
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ltjhxc6dvd9xug/quneo_focusTemplate_bm3.zip?dl=0

Desktop Preset
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm79wtg39ec7xqo/quneoTemplate_BM3-mac.quneopreset?dl=0

Here's a diagram to explain layout. Except for the one callout ("Bank Select > Vertical Sliders"), Bank is referring to Quneo banks, not BM3 banks.

Quneo is fun, but if I had it to do over again I would totally get a Sensel.

• @aaronp why not make two banks specifically for cross fading, assign the unassigned crossfader to the bank outs of each and invert one, get some DJ crossfade action going on or some synth crossfade morphing action.

• Question: what’s the feel of a QueNeo or Sensel. Like glass, plastic, any tactile feel or can feel the physical pressure? Never touched one but might go for a music store run (two hours away...blah)

• Rubbery as far as i have been told so far, im told it feels good, still waiting better reviews though.

• @5pinlink said:
    @aaronp why not make two banks specifically for cross fading, assign the unassigned crossfader to the bank outs of each and invert one, get some DJ crossfade action going on or some synth crossfade morphing action.

I'd thought about the crossfade option there, but wasn't sure how to do it at the time in BM3. I'll throw it in next time I get a chance. I don't really come from an MPC background— more of a traditional composer who likes to mix up the way I work sometimes, so this stuff doesn't come natural to me.

@mifisme I have a Quneo and a Qunexus. The Quneo uses a smoother plastic, presumably so you can skid your finger along the sliders more easily, but I wish the raised pads had the Qunexus' more grippy feel. They're on the hard end of the tactile spectrum, but do squish a little. Kind of like a car gasket, I guess. You can adjust the sensitivity on the desktop, but it's still a bit hard to dial in the lightest and hardest hits, compared to my old Triggerfinger. It's pretty tricky to use it in 64 pad mode, as the corners have to be pressed harder, in my experience, to activate than the center of the pads. I bought it mostly for its durability on the road.