Inbox directory purpose?

What is it's intended purpose? I tried doing a search on the forums for the term. All I got was old info about some relation to iTunes. What is this folder for? Sure would like it to go away. I never use it. Can't even be temporarily deleted.

Comments

• Do you mean imports ?
    I have never had an 'Inbox' folder ?

• edited March 2018

WTF indeed ?
    Must be some app or setting you both have that i do not have.

• edited March 2018

Woah, wait a minute, where are all you system folders
    Bank Presets
    Effects Presets
    Exports
    Focus Action Templates
    MIDI Import Map Templates
    Modulator Presets
    Unsaved Sessions etc etc

Is that all in a folder named System, and all still working fine ?
    Are you Jailbroken or such ?
    Moving any of those folders here will just create duplicates next time Beatmaker is booted.

• I have always had an inbox too...

• edited March 2018

Chiming in! The "Imports" directory is used for receiving content coming externally such as iCloud.
    "Inbox" is not created by BM3 itself, where you trying to open content from an e-mail or in the "Open In.." dialog?

I like the suggestion of hiding "advanced" directories.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• edited March 2018

@mathieugarcia said:
    Chiming in! The "Imports" directory is used for receiving content coming externally such as iCloud.
    "Inbox" is not created by BM3 itself, where you trying to open content from an e-mail or in the "Open In.." dialog?

I like the suggestion of hiding "advanced" directories.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Inbox is in AudioShare but equally does not seem to be utilized and they hide it. No file for me was ever opened by email. The folder has always been there upon installation of BM3. I could email myself with built in Mail app and see if it goes there but I see it as important to hide this one as well if it doesn’t serve a significant enough purpose. One new file or directory on (dependent on iPad form factor) hides itself unless “advanced directories” as you call them are hidden away. Also, because unsaved sessions is generated, visually some files or directories try to hide themselves in the root doc browser. (You only know they are there if you scroll the panel.) If “unsaved sessions” was generated within the “sessions” directory itself, this would also clear up root directory.

As @WillieNegus suggested, +1 to a System directory. I like how his screenshot looks. We don’t have to bury things either if implemented.