Is it possible to delete a sound ‘pack’ category that you created?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Pretty sure if there is nothing assigned to those categories and you rescan, cant remember hard or soft, it will remove unused categories, but remember favourites go up the shizzen then too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Pretty sure if there is nothing assigned to those categories and you rescan, cant remember hard or soft, it will remove unused categories, but remember favourites go up the shizzen then too.

It’s hard database reset to clear them.

• @triton100 I suggest you post a feature request to somehow make favorites associated with the database itself. This will be hard as it might require an additional hidden database file type for all files. But if you post this, I’ll +1 in it for sure.

• edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018

@triton100 said:

@mefisme said:
    @triton100 I suggest you post a feature request to somehow make favorites associated with the database itself. This will be hard as it might require an additional hidden database file type for all files. But if you post this, I’ll +1 in it for sure.

That’s a good idea though funnily enough in finding a good organised housekeeping method, in light of the favourites feature not working (or being lost in a database reset), I’ve ended up coming up with a work around that is now working really well for me. Which is simply to create a favourites pack for banks and for samples. And I save my faves there. Packs don’t get lost in a reset. So I have fave drums pack. (Just called drums, as I know they’re my faves if I’ve made a pack for them) same for bass etc. They are great organised direct shortcut keys to my best samples.

Funny as well, I actually do the same via packs. Ruling out favoriting samples altogether. Because I have to reset the database so often on my end. Maybe favourites should be deprecated. You lose it every time practically. And I’m saying this because a favoriting workflow isn’t currently efficient in BM3. I suggest everyone use your method. Maybe we can get @mathieugarcia thoughts on the matter. Because right now if you build an army of favorites (which requires work) no user is aware they will be lost under certain circumstances. Creating a step back in #workflow.

• edited March 2018