Crash editing samples

I was importing samples from audio share, they show up in the samples directory, drag them into pads in a bank, normalizing the samples, copying a pad to a new pad, reversing that sample, going back and normalizing some chunks of the samples, then bm3 crashed.

Comments

• @starpause said:
    I was importing samples from audio share, they show up in the samples directory, drag them into pads in a bank, normalizing the samples, copying a pad to a new pad, reversing that sample, going back and normalizing some chunks of the samples, then bm3 crashed.

I’ve had some crashes too at that stage, hard to put a finger on it. Maybe a memory issue?

• edited March 2018

There must be some other factor at play here, i have been reversing and copy and normalizing an imported audioshare file for twenty minutes, cant get it to crash.
    I imported a 16/44.1 from Elastic Drums in to Audio Share and then in to Beatmaker, what was yours out of interest ?

• edited March 2018

I don’t recall exactly what I did the last time it crashed, but roughly: Wav 16 bit. On a bank imported 2 bars at 170bpm, on pad 5, since there was already related stuff on 1-4. Slice mode, autoslice following grid (8 parts), slice to pads. Playing any of the pads crashed Bm3. Did it a few times, but not sure I can repeat it, might try later today...

• Hey @denx, if you're able to reproduce the crash with a specific sample and procedure, be sure to update this post. I'll keep an eye on this. Quick question in the meantime: was DISK STREAMING turned ON or OFF?

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• @denx said:
    I don’t recall exactly what I did the last time it crashed, but roughly: Wav 16 bit. On a bank imported 2 bars at 170bpm, on pad 5, since there was already related stuff on 1-4. Slice mode, autoslice following grid (8 parts), slice to pads. Playing any of the pads crashed Bm3. Did it a few times, but not sure I can repeat it, might try later today...

Aha, i didnt try slicing first, will give this another workover in a bit, see if we can get it to go.
    I have only ever had one crash and it was using the sample editor, but never been able to reproduce, i think there is a magical set of circumstances, hopefully we can work it out.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @denx Quick question in the meantime: was DISK STREAMING turned ON or OFF?

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

I believe it was turned off... I’ll try to reproduce it later on in the evening.

• @mathieugarcia @5pinlink I just reproduced the crash: song tempo is 170. I drag the loop (3,8 MB) onto pad 1, go to the sampler, change sample to one shot, tempo to 170, live stretch on. autoslice, grid, length 1 bar. Save slices to pads, starting on pad 1, choke group 1. Disk streaming on.
    Repeating all steps, this time dragging the loop onto pad 5 and slice to pads starting on pad 5 and trying to play one of the pads (it was a pad numberd higher than 5) in pad view crashed BM3.
    I have not tried other variations...

• @denx any chance you can mail/pm/dripbox me the sample, so i have all the bases covered as it were ?

• Great catch :)
    Crashes everytime.

• @5pinlink said:
    Great catch :)
    Crashes everytime.

Thanks!

• Thanks for sending the file over! Will look into that.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Looks similar to the crash I reported a while back.

• This is fixed in the upcoming 3.1 update.

Cheers!

• OMG looking forward to 3.1 so much!

• Any chance of a release notes preview @mathieugarcia :)

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.