BM3 not receiving audio input signal

edited August 2018 in Support

SOLVED

Comments

• Hey @djpuzzle,

Did you configure the input of the audio track? Head to the mixer and press the I/O button on the bottom toolbar.
    From here, locate your audio track, press the INPUT slot, and a panel will appear to let you choose an input.

You can also record directly from the Edit screen, with the "REC" button just above the waveform.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Small addendum, you can long press the track in the arranger to set the input too ;)

• Hey guys thanks but I already know about setting the input and configured all that which is why I'm just stumped. PLEASE help!

• edited August 2018

ugh

• Go to settings in IOS, go down to Beatmaker 3 settings, I suspect you have microphone access switched off ;)

• edited March 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Go to settings in IOS, go down to Beatmaker 3 settings, I suspect you have microphone access switched off ;)

That’s gotta be it. I just did a quick test and for me it worked right away, and only started behaving as @djpuzzle’s video after I revoked mic access for bm3 in settings app.

That said, I dunno if that’ll affect the original issue of trouble recording guitar through the interface. I haven’t done any of that yet, but I’d suggest rebooting the iPad in case the interface’s input is being locked by another app?

• @djpuzzle Did you try the usuall stuff like reinstalling, rebooting etc. ?

• edited March 2018

I seem to be a slow writer. Mic access seems so obvious now :D
    @5pinlink that’s meant as a compliment!

• edited August 2018

Thanks guys!