Mix-stage features

BM3 has been the best thing for my creative workflow on iOS since Audiobus launched the mobile music movement in the first place. That being said, I find myself frustrated at the lack of some basic features any DAW should have.

I'd really like:

• The ability to rearrange audio and bank tracks in the mix and song views
  • Subgroups, or the ability to bus channels to an aux track for group processing (yes you can use pre-fader sends, but that's a janky work-around)
  • Individual insert effects for drum bank pads
  • Fade tabs on the edges of audio clips in the song view. (The option to add cross-fades would be great too for rendered loops that have reverb tails, etc.)

Perhaps BM3 was never intended to be more than a sketchpad for musical ideas, but I really think that with these features you'd have a true all in one solution for mobile music production.

Comments

• edited April 2018

Individual insert effects for drum bank pads

I think you can already do this (different fx for each pad). On the fx view hit the pads icon.

Oh wow! Pardon the ignorance. There's one crossed off my list :smiley:

Not trying to knock BM3, it's a fantastic product. These are just some features I think would help producers who are used to a more 'traditional' composition and mixdown approach.

• All needed badly

• @XanderJames said:

Individual insert effects for drum bank pads

I think you can already do this (different fx for each pad). On the fx view hit the pads icon.

Oh wow! Pardon the ignorance. There's one crossed off my list :smiley:

Not trying to knock BM3, it's a fantastic product. These are just some features I think would help producers who are used to a more 'traditional' composition and mixdown approach.

I believe it’s only 4 effects though. Sv filter, overdrive and two others

• @nkdVKNG you're referring to layer fx, of which there are only 4, with 4 slots to use any combination. there are a few ways to get to the individual pad fx, but the main one I use is to tap the pad icon in the top right of the fx panel, next to the lock icon. you can put all fx, even auv3, on an individual pad, without them effecting the other pads in the bank. you can use all of these in combination for various things.

• @ronji Ronji thanks so much for clarifying. Going to try this out today!