User defined Shortcut navigation keys

Would love if there were some way of creating user defined shortcut navigation keys maybe kept on the side panel, so you always had access to the main places you go to.
Eg I find myself jumping from my session folder to say my sample folder or specifically drum kits folder within it, and then back again etc. And it’s a lot of screen taps to cycle through each page of folders back to main root folder list, and then back out through all the sub folders again to where ever you’re headed. Unless there’s already an easier way ?

Comments

• @groovey said:
    Would love if there were some way of creating user defined shortcut navigation keys maybe kept on the side panel, so you always had access to the main places you go to.
    Eg I find myself jumping from my session folder to say my sample folder or specifically drum kits folder within it, and then back again etc. And it’s a lot of screen taps to cycle through each page of folders back to main root folder list, and then back out through all the sub folders again to where ever you’re headed. Unless there’s already an easier way ?

Maybe a roll out with set of transporter slots that you can just set to various locatons. Long tap a slot, it stores the 'place'. Quick tap anytime, you go there.

• Favourites ala Maschine/Reaper would be good, but to be honest i dont have too much trouble with my folder structure now, but a couple less presses could definitely help.

• edited April 2018

@Audiogus nice idea
    @5pinlink for me navigation is often as follows

Documents folder >
    samples >
    drums>
    kits>
    snares>
    choose snare> Then back>
    snares>
    kits>
    drums>
    sessions>
    2018>
    hip hop>
    session

That’s 13 screen taps and then repeat again and again as needed, in various other configurations and similar or different places. Eg between all the different sub folders within the sample folder structure. That’s a lot of tapping

• Hmmm... I would actually like this shortcut rollout on the main screen for locations in the app heh.

• I think it is because i have everything so structured, the tapping doesn't bother me, because there is no choice.
    Evene with favourites it would be just as many taps for me personally.

I dont see anyway for this to make my (just me that is) life easier, unless tapping the folder button brought you back out to root, that would speed me up, not needing to do those back taps.

• edited April 2018

@5pinlink said:
    I think it is because i have everything so structured, the tapping doesn't bother me, because there is no choice.
    Evene with favourites it would be just as many taps for me personally.

I dont see anyway for this to make my (just me that is) life easier, unless tapping the folder button brought you back out to root, that would speed me up, not needing to do those back taps.

@5pinlink That is a VERY good idea:

Long tap on back arrow of whatever folder you are in brings you back to root or something Similar. Surely that’s a quick fix. It’s those back taps that really kill the fast workflow buzz.

@Audiogus But ideally something like roll out for locations in app. Or both.

@mathieugarcia mentioned he was keen to reduce screen taps. This sounds like a good one to include.

• Or breadcrumbs, even truncated breadcrumbs. “Doc..>sam..>dru..>kit..>sna..>” and tap the one you want to go back into. Or something like that to allow you to see where you are and see the folders you’ve drilled down into.

• edited April 2018

@ronji said:
    Or breadcrumbs, even truncated breadcrumbs. “Doc..>sam..>dru..>kit..>sna..>” and tap the one you want to go back into. Or something like that to allow you to see where you are and see the folders you’ve drilled down into.

Yes seems like a great idea also

• The only problem with breadcrumbs is the limited space, and shortening is a hit or miss affair, definitely the best solution if visually possible for sure.

• edited April 2018

+1 for breadcrumbs and user defined shortcut navigation keys.