Plug ins not always rendering on full song exports

I have been having regular issues where instrument and effect plug ins that are in a project don't make it to the exported song. I've had this with both AU3 and IAA. I'll export a full song and listen back and an entire synth is missing from the whole track or a a delay effect is missing etc. I have had a lot of issues with plug ins not loading with projects so lately I go through every single plug in and play back my project to make sure they are all active before doing an export and still almost half the time it seems that something doesn't render out into the final mix.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm on latest 3.0.10 BM3 and 11.3.1 iOS on the latest iPad 9.7 inch. The plug ins I've been using are Poison, Addictive Pro and Moog Model D AU3, Animoog, Nave and TF7 IAA and several Audio Damage AU3 and AUFX IAA effects

Comments

• edited May 2018

@silentvortex confirmed with audio damage plugins. Often don’t export in the final mix. They are very unreliable plugins and cpu intensive. I don’t buy anything audio damage anymore. They’re wonderful in principle. Shiny colourful and sonically very interesting. But unreliable. Unless of course it’s a bm3 issue. But I’ve read in several places this happens in other daws too.

• edited May 2018

@silentvortex I’ve had no real issues like that, mixdown seems fine here, but I stopped using iaa stuff a while ago. Audiodamage fx (the ones I have, at least) render quite reliably too as far as I can see. On Air2.

• edited May 2018

@denx @silentvortex I should have been clearer apologies. The issues I found with AUdio damages plugs was not the render as such, it was the presets would ‘reset’ without me realising at first that they had. Eg in Pumphouse, all the square pads you press to initiate the pump all reset ie turn off. With one of audio damages delays, the preset again rests to init. I think it does this in session reload. So if you don’t know about it you export it and then realise after known of the effects have been captured. Very unreliable.

• @groovey said:
    @denx @silentvortex I should have been clearer apologies. The issues I found with AUdio damages plugs was not the render as such, it was the presets would ‘reset’ without me realising at first that they had. Eg in Pumphouse, all the square pads you press to initiate the pump all reset ie turn off. With one of audio damages delays, the preset again rests to init. I think it does this in session reload. So if you don’t know about it you export it and then realise after known of the effects have been captured. Very unreliable.

Thanks. Yes, I have seen the same preset issue which is very annoying. Luckily I use the same few presets but I have to go through when I open a new session and make sure settings are loaded. The only one were settings seem to stick are Replicant 2 which I use everywhere but I don't use presets for that, I manually adjust everything and my adjustments seem to stick so probably is a preset issue. I actually like the AUFX reverb and Delay better and the presets stick on those but they are IAA only and I usually have to make sure to load those apps before I open BM3 for them to load into the project

I do agree that these are probably iOS issues because I have read about issues with other DAW and plug ins.

• @denx said:
    @silentvortex I’ve had no real issues like that, mixdown seems fine here, but I stopped using iaa stuff a while ago. Audiodamage fx (the ones I have, at least) render quite reliably too as far as I can see. On Air2.

Thank you. I actually reset my libraries and cache on BM3 today and seems more reliable so far. My AU3 plug ins seem to have loaded with projects and I exported 4 tracks and they all sound good now. Groovey's comment about Audio Damage presets not sticking still seems to be an issue for me. But overall, I'm still amazed I can do so much for so little money on my iPad now compared to what I was doing on laptops and dekstops in the past

• @groovey said:

A couple time now my DDMF Envelope reverb settings reset. The first time it happened I thought I must have overlooked something but the second time seemed pretty clear.

• @Audiogus said:

@groovey said:

A couple time now my DDMF Envelope reverb settings reset. The first time it happened I thought I must have overlooked something but the second time seemed pretty clear.

I wonder if this might be a bm3 issue then ?

• edited May 2018

FYI
    iSEM (AUv3 synth) in BM3 often fails to reload the patch/preset settings correctly from the previous session save

This is happening a lot recently