'DerVoco' by Beepstreet (AUv3 Vocoder)

'DerVoco', the first AUv3 Vocoder plugin, has just been released by BeepStreet (makers of Zeeon and Sunrizer)

It's $4.99

Appstore:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dervoco/id1391057304?mt=8

Comments

• That looks like a vocoder on ios that I would actually find use for 😋

• Seems to work well so far, in both modes. Big fun 😁

• So awesome! i love it. just got Voice Synth not too long ago and loved the sound but this workflow is such an awesome fit for BM3.

• Is anyone able to explain how to set this up in bm3?

• edited June 2018

The way I do it: If you use the left-right method, put the vocoder on an aux track (use the mfx) . Put the modulator (voice, ...) on a pad and the carrier (synth, ...) on another pad. Expand the mixer to show sliders and sends per pad. Pan the modulater hard right and the send on max value, pan the carrier hard left and send on maximum. The master volume of the bank(s) with modulator/carrier all the way down. Set vocoder to ‘input mode’ and have fun 😁

Maybe there’s an other way, but this works for me...

• For live input you could do the same. I did it with an audio track (so I could choose my mic as input)

• I use a bank with two pads, panned hard left and right. Then the effect goes on this bank.

• @Audiogus said:
    I use a bank with two pads, panned hard left and right. Then the effect goes on this bank.

That’s prob gonna be my primary way. Here’s a vid using a sample I got from Youtube with Beat Time! And one of @5pinlink’s neuros.

• @denx said:
    The way I do it: If you use the left-right method, put the vocoder on an aux track (use the mfx) . Put the modulator (voice, ...) on a pad and the carrier (synth, ...) on another pad. Expand the mixer to show sliders and sends per pad. Pan the modulater hard right and the send on max value, pan the carrier hard left and send on maximum. The master volume of the bank(s) with modulator/carrier all the way down. Set vocoder to ‘input mode’ and have fun 😁

Maybe there’s an other way, but this works for me...

Thanks for the taking the time to write that out and explain things.

• I am using it like this...

Animoog hard right...

Zeeon hard left...

Each one playing a sequence...

Recorded it while I twiddled/played with the ‘dry/wet’, ‘amp’, ‘smooth’, ‘q’

• I might have overcomplicated things 😬 But the setup with the sends does have the advantage of beeing flexible 😂

• edited June 2018

@Audiogus do you also know of another way to feed live vocals into the vocoder?

• @denx said:
    @Audiogus do you also know of another way to feed live vocals into the vocoder?

I have not tried live vocals. I am just into the synth/sample processing side.

• @ronji said:

@Audiogus said:
    I use a bank with two pads, panned hard left and right. Then the effect goes on this bank.

That’s prob gonna be my primary way. Here’s a vid using a sample I got from Youtube with Beat Time! And one of @5pinlink’s neuros.

Sick

• Talking bass. Love it!

• edited June 2018

i don't know... you wait years for a decent AUv3 vocoder, and then 2 come along at once!

VoiceSynth by Qneo updated today and now works as AUv3

It's a little more expensive than DerVoco at $8.99, so does anyone have experience with both and can recommend which is better quality (or perhaps more stable/convenient/versatile)?

• @tk32 I refuse to buy more than one vocoder a week 😝 However, I like the sound of DerVoco a lot and sofar it has been very stable. No auto pitch or formant filter, but I have other stuff to do that, should I need it... 🙂

• VoiceSynth has formant filter and autotune mode, if anybody's interested.