Sound selection

Hey I’m just wondering is it me, Or are a lot of these apps and synths that are out/ being released only catering to certain genres like EDM per se.. would really like to see you guys design some patches that could compete with the Omnispheres and Nexuses

Comments

• Nexus is heavily biased towards EDM too isnt it ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Nexus is heavily biased towards EDM too isnt it ?

This is true but still though you get what I’m trying to say.. we need more flavor.. GarageBand is the closest thing to pleasing every genre of music in my opinion when it comes to virtual instruments

• Might be worth looking in the compatibility section of the forum here at the AUi list, there are lots of amazing developers and plugins not biased by EDM.
    I would suggest that AU vs standalone is the bigger culprit here ie usable in a setup (AU) vs quick Iphone generation EDM toy (standalone)

@brambos wrote an interesting paper on something sort of similar to this recently, fancy posting a link up @brambos ?

• @Quazzemodo said:
    Hey I’m just wondering is it me, Or are a lot of these apps and synths that are out/ being released only catering to certain genres like EDM per se.. would really like to see you guys design some patches that could compete with the Omnispheres and Nexuses

SynthMaster one is heavily Dance orientated but also has a lot of for ambient and cinematic music too. It’s very versatile. The different programme designers made completely differing sound sets which exemplify how easy it is to diversify the genres it can make.

• edited June 2018

The "only for EDM" statement sounds like selective perception to me. For instance, take a look at Henny Tha Bizness and the apps he uses to create Hip Hop.

• edited June 2018

You should check out the Kevin Schroeder presets that come free with Synthmaster One. Here's a preview:

my favourite is at 2:58

• I hate cinematic presets, they are always the best sounding stuff around, and then when i go to play them i am reminded that i am literally the worst keyboard player on the planet hahaha.

• @huphtur said:
    The "only for EDM" statement sounds like selective perception to me. For instance, take a look at Henny Tha Bizness and the apps he uses to create Hip Hop.

Call it what you may but it’s just my opinion honestly.. I can get on a pc and find sounds with no problem really .. I’m not a sound designer at all but would love to step into that field eventually... i appreciate all the tips everyone posting though..

• @5pinlink said:
    I hate cinematic presets, they are always the best sounding stuff around, and then when i go to play them i am reminded that i am literally the worst keyboard player on the planet hahaha.

Facts man... definitely not a player either but once I catch the notes it’s on