β€Ί

Rozeta Conundrum (AU MIDI handling in BM3)

I'm struggling with a dilemma, guys.

BM3 was one of the first hosts to support Rozeta/AU MIDI plugins, but its implementation (in how it handles timing) is slightly different from how the other hosts do it. Currently Rozeta uses a "hack" to detect BM3 and changes its timing logic accordingly.

However, other hosts are currently also adding AU MIDI support, and the hack is starting to interfere with their functionality too. So I may have to (and really should) remove the hack. The consequence of this is that Rozeta plugins in BM3 will start to behave unpredictably until BM3.1 drops (the fixed timing behavior is already in the 3.1 beta).

But we don't know when version 3.1 will come out.

Which puts me in a difficult position. I do not want to sabotage any ongoing music projects which use Rozeta in BM3 for an unknown period of time, but I also do not want to sabotage the release and development of other iOS hosts.

Any thought from your side?

Comments

• I say do what you need to do, a fix will happen from the B3 side at some point

• 3.0.11 😜

• I am pretty sure 3.1 is dropping any second now.

• @brambos

I wish all developers were as conscientious and considerate as you.

I say remove the hack and we'll be happy to postpone using Rozeta until 3.1 drops. We'll also do our best to stop any negative posts or YouTube rants that may come from less-informed BM3 users (it's their fault for not following these forums!!)

• @tk32 for president I say ;)

• @d4d0ug said:
    Im tending not to host AU midi plugins in BM3 any more. I find it easier to host them all in AUM and route midi to BM3 banks, so it makes no odds to my workflow :p

In case 3.1 does not come out before Rozeta hack is removed, can you elaborate on this please? Thanks!

• @tk32 said:
    @brambos

I wish all developers were as conscientious and considerate as you.

I say remove the hack and we'll be happy to postpone using Rozeta until 3.1 drops. We'll also do our best to stop any negative posts or YouTube rants that may come from less-informed BM3 users (it's their fault for not following these forums!!)

Agreed 😊

• Thanks for the understanding guys! :)

• I did turn off automatic updates, though 😁

• @denx said:
    I did turn off automatic updates, though 😁

Good tip!! Can you do this per app??

• @tk32 said:

@denx said:
    I did turn off automatic updates, though 😁

Good tip!! Can you do this per app??

I don’t think so. I only found a switch in the app store settings...

• Should be off anyway, never update any app mid project ;)

• @d4d0ug said:
    Sure, I’ll do a vid of my midi set up.

Thanks in advance sir! Much appreciated.

• @MSandoval said:
    Darn, Rodrigo Roman's Physicles (cool new free AU MIDI plugin) doesn't work properly in BM3. And I unfortunately updated Rozeta. Missing it :'( How about StepPolyArp AU UNIT? Thanks.

StepPolyArp AU is not even visible in BM3 so I guess we'll just have to wait for 3.1 or what ever it will be called when it decides drops and I have no clue on that what so ever...