How to organize scenes into an order in song mode ?

I’m getting into using scenes but I can’t find a way to organize them into a song? I tried the paste to song , but it seems to only copy the current scene. If I then go to a few bars after and choose a new scene and paste to song it doesn’t really do it. I wish I could hit the record button and jam in scenes mode and it would record it into song mode, ,like in Ableton. Any ideas or help would be great.

Comments

• So that answers no.. at least a playlist order would even do for now..please add this as really need it.

• Yes , but then if I copy the selected scene I need to kinda redo it all again on the timeline.

• I can't find a way to take different scenes to the song mode ., so grab one scene and rearrange it ? Maybe I'm not getting it ?

• @anton101 said:
    I can't find a way to take different scenes to the song mode ., so grab one scene and rearrange it ? Maybe I'm not getting it ?

Rearrange your scenes into the order you like in scenes mode by moving them around. Copy n paste each scene individually into the timeline. Select scene. Copy. Paste. It’s a bit cumbersome for a couple of reasons presently but it works.
    Also you can go into pads mode press scene icon. And then jam with the scenes m. Each pad represents a different scene.

• edited June 2018

I just work on the timeline and select pattern loops from the... uh, what do we call this...?

• @Audiogus I think it’s called the pattern helper 🤔

• It should be called the pattern helper, cuz it holds patterns, but it's officially called the track helper in the documentation =)

• edited June 2018

The official documentation is a bit poor with naming conventions, i will rewrite mist of it in the style i used for the Reverb manual at some point.
    That thing is the pattern helper in my parlance.
    Although to be fair it works on selected track lol.

• @groovey said:

@anton101 said:
    I can't find a way to take different scenes to the song mode ., so grab one scene and rearrange it ? Maybe I'm not getting it ?

Rearrange your scenes into the order you like in scenes mode by moving them around. Copy n paste each scene individually into the timeline. Select scene. Copy. Paste. It’s a bit cumbersome for a couple of reasons presently but it works.
    Also you can go into pads mode press scene icon. And then jam with the scenes m. Each pad represents a different scene.

I tried this ..I go to say scene 2 and select it and choose the box "paste to song"..I rewind to bar 1..pasted in ok..Then I go to say bar 4 and jump back to the scene mode and choose scene 1 and hit "paste to song" and it doesn't paste it, but still scene 2.. - only getting to copy one scene over.

• @anton101 said:

@groovey said:

@anton101 said:

I tried this ..I go to say scene 2 and select it and choose the box "paste to song"..I rewind to bar 1..pasted in ok..Then I go to say bar 4 and jump back to the scene mode and choose scene 1 and hit "paste to song" and it doesn't paste it, but still scene 2.. - only getting to copy one scene over.

This is one of the kinda buggy things that needs fixing. I posted it beforw but because it seems not many people use scenes I’m not sure it will get any traction. But what you need to do is after pasting the scene into the timeline, Leave the scene page and go to the timeline and move the playback ‘start point’ to the position you want the next scene to be pasted usually the end of the previous scene you’ve just pasted in.

It doesn’t automatically paste it after the previously pasted scene from what I recall off the top of my head. So you have to keep flipping back and forth from the scene page to the timeline as opposed to just copy n pasting straight from the scene page all in one go.

• edited June 2018

@WillieNegus said:

@groovey said:

@anton101 said:

@groovey said:

@anton101 said:

This is one of the kinda buggy things that needs fixing. I posted it beforw but because it seems not many people use scenes I’m not sure it will get any traction. But what you need to do is after pasting the scene into the timeline, Leave the scene page and go to the timeline and move the playback ‘start point’ to the position you want the next scene to be pasted usually the end of the previous scene you’ve just pasted in.

It doesn’t automatically paste it after the previously pasted scene from what I recall off the top of my head. So you have to keep flipping back and forth from the scene page to the timeline as opposed to just copy n pasting straight from the scene page all in one go.

This was very helpful @groovey. I’m embarrassed to walk through how I’ve been doing it.

No worries. But like I said it could be so much quicker with a better workflow. Things like when you duplicate a scene in scene mode, instead of it automatically being placed at the end position in the scene page, it should duplicate right next to the scene you have selected. There should be an option at least for that. It takes so long to have swipe swipe swipe swipe to the end of the scene page, find the newly duplicated scene and then move it back to where you want to.

The scenes should ideally be drag and droppable too rather than this constant arrow left right clicking. In the same way that the audio and midi tracks should both be drag and droppable to move them into different orders.

And then when you paste a scene to the timeline you shouldn’t have to go to the timeline to then move the playback position to the end of the scene you just pasted there and then go back to the scene page to copy your next scene. It should automatically be there already so you can continue to paste scenes from the scene page without having to constantly go back and forth, if all you want to do is paste the scenes one after the other. Usually I have already mapped out my song structure intro verse chorus etc within scene mode, so all I need to do is copy n paste all scenes in their present order, to the timeline without having to back and forth between pages while moving playheads all the time. Very time consuming for something that really should be so simple and easy and intuitive. @mathieugarcia

• And if you double tap the pattern you can go to the midi editor and double tap it back it takes back to the timeline

• It definitely could be improved