AudioKit Synth One... (tk32 says WATCH THIS!)

Comments

• Yep, pretty cool!

• This looks ridiculously awesome, especially for free. Cant believe they’re not even going to ask for a buck for this.

• Thanks for posting this, you rock! 🙌

• Hi Matt,

We're all very eager to try this with BM3. It looks fantastic, so thank you for all your hard work and perseverance.

How is progress on the AUv3 mode? (that's the bit we are looking forward to most)

• edited May 2018

@tk32 said:
    Hi Matt,
    How is progress on the AUv3 mode? (that's the bit we are looking forward to most)

Well... that's tough. To be frank, I don't have a good estimate. We've hit some snags. Though, I'm optimistic AUv3 will happen. Like anything else, with perseverance, we'll get through it. Hopefully, we can do it in a way that allows many other developers to make their apps AUv3 as well... Maybe some advances at WWDC will make this happen sooner than later.

That being said, it'll still be free when the AUv3 version comes out. If anyone wants to wait until it's AUv3 to get it that's fine, too. It's a really lightweight app, though (under 25mb). So, it probably won't hurt anything to download the stand-alone when it comes out and try it. 🤘

Thanks again,

• Definitely going to download it when it's released, and absolutely would pay for the effort that goes into the AUv3 update

• edited June 2018

@ronji said:
    Definitely going to download it when it's released, and absolutely would pay for the effort that goes into the AUv3 update

Ditto :)

• edited June 2018

AudioKit Synth One will be out in just a few hours. On behalf of all the volunteers that made this app possible:

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! <3

• Downloading now...

Congrats Matt!!

• Not for me, i only use AUv3, but congrats on the release

• edited June 2018

Normally I would agree, but It'll be AUv3 eventually - and it's completely free, so we can start building patches whilst we wait for that update to happen.

From the limited time I've spent with it this morning, I love it!

• I thought AU was a long long way off ?

• @5pinlink said:
    I thought AU was a long long way off ?

I only said eventually.

And don't be so negative.. this is a fantastic initiative, and a really cool synth :p

• I downloaded it and played with it. It’s cool but au is a must. I’ll try and sample it into bm3 for the sounds but I don’t know how much play it will get.

• @tk32 said:

@5pinlink said:
    I thought AU was a long long way off ?

I only said eventually.

And don't be so negative.. this is a fantastic initiative, and a really cool synth :p

I think you should re-read both our posts ;)
    Yes we can see you are excited, but i didn't steal your sweets or kick your dog lol

• edited June 2018

Ok, so heres the questions that i am interested in...
    Whats the licence like ?
    Does it have a nice selection of filters that are worth implementing in B3, so whats the licence like when it comes to that ?
    Does it have Unison that can be implemented in B3, so how modular is it, IE easy to find these sections of code etc etc.
    Does it have nice effects, again how modular is the code, can they be made in to B3 native easily ?

How hard to compile as a native synth for B3, or better still, compile each individual part as native to B3, so we build it ourself, fully modular, etc etc

• edited June 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Ok, so heres the questions that i am interested in...
    Whats the licence like ?

It's MIT. So, anyone can use it.

Mathieu from the BM3 team is in our Slack group. And, we talk often. His filter code is better than ours. In fact, I'm hoping he is going to donate some filter code for one of our future sample based apps ;)

• @mathieugarcia is the mother f@ing man! And I believe you are too @analogMatt for creating this coolness

• edited June 2018

Considering its open source... Could @mathieugarcia build this in to Beatmaker? To remove the non-AU restriction and also glue it inside for use with the internal BM3 modulation options? I'm a big fan of the motives behind this project and fully support it, it's great for kids and people on budget to have access to quality gear to use, but a non-AU synth is the last thing I personally consider reaching for when tracking or sound designing these days. Just doesn't really fit my worflow. Multi instance inside beatmaker would probably make me use it a fair bit though...

Dunno how easy or 'allowed' it would be to do but just an idea @analogMatt ;)

Edit - just read the rest of @5pinlink post... Whoops.. Great minds think alike ;)

• I've been messing around with this synth for the last few hours. Good stuff. Some great sounds. Fun comments on some presets.

• edited June 2018

We would be humbled if BM3 wanted to add some of this synth code to their app!

@mathieugarcia is a MUCH better developer than I am. He would probably want to rewrite the whole thing. ;)

• Wow man bm3 is going to be huge !!! It’s only been a year and it’s so good already !

• I've been messing around with it all day. Loving it so far. Some really great presets in there too.