Most audio damage plugins don’t state save when reopening sessions

Anyone else notice this ? After spending ages mixing and tweaking and then you wonder why things are not sounding as they did and realise the plugins always jump back to the default preset.

Comments

• It's a mixed bag for me. It seems at least half the time I've used the plugins they state save, and other times they don't. Though when you return to a track after a long break it can be hard to remeber if the reverb/delay is exactly how you left it previously.

• @tk32 said:
    It's a mixed bag for me. It seems at least half the time I've used the plugins they state save, and other times they don't. Though when you return to a track after a long break it can be hard to remeber if the reverb/delay is exactly how you left it previously.

do you think this is b3 related - should I make an official bug post ?

• I think its safe to say it is AD related, it has been reported in other hosts ever since they were released, AD are pretty shoddy developers to be honest, they test in one host, call it a day and blame every other host because their plugins dont work.

They did the same on the desktop too.
    I did warn people to buy with that in mind.

• @5pinlink said:
    I think its safe to say it is AD related, it has been reported in other hosts ever since they were released, AD are pretty shoddy developers to be honest, they test in one host, call it a day and blame every other host because their plugins dont work.

They did the same on the desktop too.
    I did warn people to buy with that in mind.

Man they sound good. That’s a real shame. I will email the developer

• edited July 2018

Oh dont get me wrong, i own them all lol, but you have to know you wont be automating without issues, they probably wont render, and the developer will respond with "It's Beatmakers fault" then ignore you.

I haven't even tried to contact him but i know his MO from the desktop haha.

• Sigh. There is always something to wait for. I do love all this stuff but the whole automation yes/no/maybe/eh of it all is a bit of a bummer. Was hoping AUv3 as a standard would be, well, standard. Har. Anyway, chopping audio still it is!

• It is standard, but its infancy and some have higher standards than others hah

• If there ever is an industry standard for AUv3 I vote we call it the 'BramBos Standard'

• @5pinlink said:
    Oh dont get me wrong, i own them all lol, but you have to know you wont be automating without issues, they probably wont render, and the developer will respond with "It's Beatmakers fault" then ignore you.

I haven't even tried to contact him but i know his MO from the desktop haha.

If that really is the case I’m tempted to ask for a refund, as it doesn’t work as advertised. I’m always fine with bugs and what not, but this prevents me from using those entire apps full stop.

• @5pinlink said:
    It is standard, but its infancy and some have higher standards than others hah

Yah that is the thing, I guess I was kind of hoping that for this stuff to even work would require implimenting whole libraries that just simply enforced an ‘it works’ or ‘it doesn’t work’ state. Me not as techs as would likes me be.