Fabfilter Pro-Q2 is here $29.99USD and AUv3

Comments

• Give me a 33% launch discount and I might consider it. ;)

• Only way I'lll download it is if I get a promo-code ;)
    (I'm a recovering app-o-holic, Quanta will be my next purchase. Just got Stockholm Gadget and rbSAM to create some nostalgic speech samples).

• Hey @samu coukdnt you have created the vintage speech sounds more easily with other AU vocoders ? And what does quanta do?

• @groovey said:
    Hey @samu coukdnt you have created the vintage speech sounds more easily with other AU vocoders ? And what does quanta do?

Quanta is a new Granular synth from AudioDamage which ticks in most of the boxes for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=XEozcvZ72K8

The computer generated speech synths have a certain charm to them, there is a web-based SAM to check out.
    https://simulationcorner.net/index.php?page=sam

As far as I know rbSAM uses the same code for generating the speech and with Files.app support it's easy to move the generated samples into BM3 :)

• @samu said:

@groovey said:
    Hey @samu coukdnt you have created the vintage speech sounds more easily with other AU vocoders ? And what does quanta do?

Quanta is a new Granular synth from AudioDamage which ticks in most of the boxes for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=XEozcvZ72K8

The computer generated speech synths have a certain charm to them, there is a web-based SAM to check out.
    https://simulationcorner.net/index.php?page=sam

As far as I know rbSAM uses the same code for generating the speech and with Files.app support it's easy to move the generated samples into BM3 :)

Thanks man 👍

• edited July 2018

Think I will wait for the limiter and see if/when people can get side-chain to work with it in BM3 before I embark too deep down this avenue of thinking.

• edited July 2018

I hope a lot of people buy this for a few reasons.
    It's pretty much the best EQ you can get, they are taking a risk even investing in the IOS market and they have priced accordingly.
    Most developers are "fly by night $5, you got it, now forget updates" rat bags, @mathieugarcia and @brambos are actually very rare cases, and to be completely honest their prices are a complete joke, they basically work for free.

I just read a thread about this at the AB forum, and i could honestly say i would happily slap some of these entitled little whiney idiots !!!

• edited July 2018

I would love to be 90+% ios one day.

• I'm definitely picking this up, as soon as I recover from my recent app purchases (Affinity Designer, Sunrizer, SynthMaster One)

• edited July 2018

I definitely have to pick up Designer first, doubt i will ever use it, but have to support those guys for saving me from Adobe hell.

• Not enough hours in the day. Would love to get into Designer, sigh.

• Designer is probably the best payment turnaround i ever had, I could not use vector packages properly before Designer, now it is second nature to me and my designs are near 99% always Vector haha.
    Everything i do has a slight graffiti edge to it, and Designer is my spray can :)

Back OT
    It is curious to me that if this was a synth £30 would be some how easier to pay for a lot of people, yet an EQ is likely to be on every track in every song you ever make, strange huh ?

• Tis true... I do wonder how the cpu hit is of running it on ten tracks in a session on my ipad5...

• Sweet!!! I’ve been waiting on this a very long time

• edited July 2018

Would love to know two things before I commit to purchase:

1) how stable is it (particularly in B3)
    2) what is the CPU load like (esp. compared to other EQ AUv3s - like zMors EQ)

• @tk32 said:
    Would love to know two things before I commit to purchase:

1) how stable is it (particularly in B3)
    2) what is the CPU load like (esp. compared to other EQ AUv3s - like zMors EQ)

Same here, I’m waiting for one of you guys to buy it first so I know the same things...lol... I’m itching though, I may pull the trigger before the end of the day regardless.

• edited July 2018

Two more quick points...

• It's so nice to finally have an EQ with spectrum analyzer available in B3.
    • i'm slightly alarmed to see it doesn't work in Garageband (currently). Has anyone purchsed this yet and tested it in B3? Especially interested to know if full screen mode works too.
  • @5pinlink said:
    I hope a lot of people buy this for a few reasons.
    It's pretty much the best EQ you can get, they are taking a risk even investing in the IOS market and they have priced accordingly.
    Most developers are "fly by night $5, you got it, now forget updates" rat bags, @mathieugarcia and @brambos are actually very rare cases, and to be completely honest their prices are a complete joke, they basically work for free.

I just read a thread about this at the AB forum, and i could honestly say i would happily slap some of these entitled little whiney idiots !!!

I couldn’t believe what I was reading either. I don’t think they understand what this means. If FF succeed the other big companies will take notice. I think most don’t know what a good EQ is, the spectrum alone was a selling point for me when I bought it on desktop.

• PRO-Q2 is literally my most used desktop vst plugin - it is on every track in every track I make in Ableton.
    I hope it works as expected in BM3, because I need this in my iOS life - 100%

It is well worth the price if it works as expected. I'm grabbing this now!

<3

• First Thoughts - it works perfectly so far, but seems like a massive CPU hog.
    imho, this is still worth it for me.
    I can place this in the signal path of BM3 FX track, and visually see what frequencies on that track to EQ, using BM3's internal EQ's, then delete this when done and get the CPU back.
    That not make any sense, but I still think it's a very needed tool.
    lol
    🤓 👊

• I need this plugin for my master channel, at minimum. The spectrum graph, the peak manipulation via touch, all the slope settings, A/B switching, piano roll for frequency/note tuning.... I would have purchased this before Designer, if I had any idea it was coming hahaha. Hopefully I can pick it up this weekend.

• I said my bit in that thread.

• Funnily enough TB EQ v4 is more my desktop EQ now, and if we had a few tweaks on the B3 EQ to make it usable i couldnt recommend this for B3 track EQ
    But if you are IOS only, this is the definition of no brainer

• Thanks for testing Dean. Slight shame about the CPU hog, but glad it seems pretty stable in B3.

How is full screen mode? And does it seem to state-save correctly between sessions?

• Full screen works a treat, and I just tested having it on the master with extreme settings, saved and reloaded, and it recalled the state I left it in!! 🤓😍😍😍

So far, So good! 🤤👊

• I remembered I had Amazon gift card balance, bought iTunes gift cards, picked this bad bwoi up. Got one instance on the master and one on the bass track, the response is smooth as butter, and I'm sitting at 25% CPU with the song playing. So happy with this now. I'm on a 2015 iPad Pro, and my latency is set at 1024 samples.

• Seems to work well so far, although I just put one instance of it on my master and gotta say, it sounds soooooo nice..I’ll test it more as time goes on...

• edited July 2018

Seriously tempted now - even if just to place on my master bus so that I can monitor the frequencies and 'fix the mix'

The spectrum analyzer is a really great way to visually check for things like over-hyped bass frequencies when you're mixing on headphones/earphones - as I often do.

• edited July 2018

These videos were created before version 2, but both are still very helpful walkthroughs of some essential features: