โ€บ

Set number of loops in song mode for a selected scene

OMG, I just get this "scenes" things, with the scene launcher and scales...THAT IS JUST MAAAASIVE ! :smiley:
I've got finally a real reason to put an app on the screen and using it in conjunction with my midi controllers !!!

At the moment all I see that is not included is a system (like in Modstep) to modify looping times (infinitely as it is only possible now, or to set a proper number of repeating times)
That would be useful to me...Maybe for others too ?

Thanks for considering :)

Comments

• @crony said:
    OMG, I just get this "scenes" things, with the scene launcher and scales...THAT IS JUST MAAAASIVE ! :smiley:
    I've got finally a real reason to put an app on the screen and using it in conjunction with my midi controllers !!!

At the moment all I see that is not included is a system (like in Modstep) to modify looping times (infinitely as it is only possible now, or to set a proper number of repeating times)

A kind of round about elongated way of achieving this is by extending the length of the pattern in each of the banks of the scene. So if there are 4 bars extend to 8 for it to loop twice etc.

• @groovey yes, interesting and useful to get a more organized track, but a bit "less" live.
    The purpose here, is more to have "in between" tracks for transitions, that are played once, for sure...

They could also be "silent patterns" (or partly) to launch Program Change to synths or effects...Giving the time to the synth to load properly his preset, so no "pops" or glitches...

• @crony said:
    @groovey yes, interesting and useful to get a more organized track, but a bit "less" live.
    The purpose here, is more to have "in between" tracks for transitions, that are played once, for sure...

They could also be "silent patterns" (or partly) to launch Program Change to synths or effects...Giving the time to the synth to load properly his preset, so no "pops" or glitches...

Agreed. Am with you ๐Ÿ‘

• edited July 2018

@crony said:

Hmm? Can you set the scale or key per scene in some automated way?

• @Audiogus glad to read you here also ! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Youโ€™re making a huge point here...I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s related to the bank...
    Seems not to with the way you saying it Iโ€™m afraid, but seems and sounds like a great feature to ad omho...

• @Audiogus said:

Yes ! But it's related simply to the bank ! So on each bank you can set the scale and chords that you'd like to have on the instrument.
    That is PERFECT (for me at least...) :D

• @crony said:

@Audiogus said:

Yes ! But it's related simply to the bank ! So on each bank you can set the scale and chords that you'd like to have on the instrument.
    That is PERFECT (for me at least...) :D

I have done this before but ideally I would like to pipe midi from one bank to another as I can only run three instances of Synthmaster One and don't want to run more instances than I need to.

If this can be done, do let me know as I would love to!

• @Audiogus do you have 2 iPads ?
    On the first one put all your banks with any AUx synth, running BM3, and midi out set the way you want.

On a second iPad , run only the synths you need and only these ones ๐Ÿ˜

• edited July 2018

@crony said:
    @Audiogus do you have 2 iPads ?
    On the first one put all your banks with any AUx synth, running BM3, and midi out set the way you want.

On a second iPad , run only the synths you need and only these ones ๐Ÿ˜

I do have other ipads and there are many shenanigans to be had in that realm, but unfortunately not very mobile or covert. I could just use Modstep or Chordflow on the same ipad too, which I have done. That actually has worked well for lazy key changey fun but these days my metric is can I go from zero to funkmeister in ten seconds while at work, play around for five minutes, save, quit everything and come back in an hour, rinse, repeat etc.

• @Audiogus quite ambitious omho...In 5 minutes you'll get a bit of something if you prepare some empty templates...
    AUM/BM3/Modstep in conjunction...

• edited July 2018

@crony said:
    @Audiogus quite ambitious omho...In 5 minutes you'll get a bit of something if you prepare some empty templates...
    AUM/BM3/Modstep in conjunction...

Just loading a BM3 session or Cubasis which hosts BM3 has been working OK for me.