UPDATE: Crash on record. NOT Solved.

edited July 2018 in Support

In case it helps anyone I’ve found removing the IAA cyclops synth stopped the immediate crash on record.

Still can’t get pitch or modulation automation to be recorded, using the ribbon strips on the left of the pad, nothing happens.

Comments

• Update:

Thought having an IAA app such as cyclops caused the instant crash when trying to record anything, as when i removed it, it seemed to work. No luck. It only stopped crashing for a while. It’s back again, around 95% of times.

Have hit a complete stop in being able to use b3.

Used to love this thing, but I’m kinda done with it for the moment. Automation doesn’t work properly. Record doesn’t work properly. If the update fixes things then great. But I’m not waiting anymore, I’ve spent too much time trouble shooting than creating. It’s totally killing my vibe. And I can’t have that. Oh well. Back to Logic Pro. Onwards and upwards

• edited July 2018

You sound a bit like @heyez with all this 'vibe killer' stuff.

You do realise we run monthly battles where songs are being produced exclusively in B3 despite occasional crashes, bugs and usability issues?

Adversity is part of the game.

• I like to say this once a week anyway, so here goes "IAA should be shot in the face"

Hopefully fixes for all this stuff will come eventually, the automation and record issues are very well documented, hopefully that will help @mathieugarcia
    He does appreciate all the reports and feedback and he does read the forums more than his few posts would make you think ;)

• @tk32 well clearly I’m not the only one then. One question though how is your comment in any way helpful ?

• @groovey said:
    @tk32 well clearly I’m not the only one then. One question though how is your comment in any way helpful ?

I suppose it's slightly helpful in that it shows that many of us are able to produce tracks regularly despite vibe killing issues.

We could go over more details and trouble shoot and whatnot but if you're out of steam with those things, you could just set aside the iPad until 3.1 is released. No one knows when that will be but they've been working on it since November at least.

• edited July 2018

The point I was making is that iOS music is still a fledgling platform. You sometimes have to show an iron will to succeed in spite of those difficult moments. If you want a mature/stable system, stick to desktop DAWs.

For me, the pros seriously outweigh the cons, so no amount of crashes will discourage me - though I am majorly thankful I no-longer have to even contemplate using IAA.

As 5pin says (almost weekly): "someone needs to shoot IAA in the face"

EDIT: I only just realised he actually did say it already above! Haha

• @ronji said:

@groovey said:
    @tk32 well clearly I’m not the only one then. One question though how is your comment in any way helpful ?

I suppose it's slightly helpful in that it shows that many of us are able to produce tracks regularly despite vibe killing issues.

We could go over more details and trouble shoot and whatnot but if you're out of steam with those things, you could just set aside the iPad until 3.1 is released. No one knows when that will be but they've been working on it since November at least.

And I too was one of those who was regularly making tracks. I’ve been a significant contributor to this forum. Please see my post history as such and where I also try and offer help to those who are in frustrating circumstances. As such I’m disappointed at this almost dismissive response from other members here. I’m happy that you are able to soldier on through the bugs and I normally have been too. I’ve been here since day one of release. Ive tried trouble shooting and have posted here for help and in the absence of any please allow me to voice my perfectly reasonable disappointment in the use of the app.

• edited July 2018

Don't be disappointed.

Either use it. or don't.

• @tk32 lol you really have the whole condescending little .... down pat.

• edited July 2018

There is no wrong or right here, lets stay away from name calling please.

Something does not work as advertised, granted you have the moral standing to be annoyed.
    Somebody suggests getting on with it or moving on (which you yourself suggested you would do previously anyway) you do not have the moral standing to be annoyed at them, they are just a user too, like it or not some of those users are fiercely defensive of IOS/B3 etc etc.
    You have been here long enough to understand that.

Now everybody calm down, choose your paticular musical poison be it B3 Ableton or a Kazoo, and make noise.

• edited July 2018

Maybe I do need to cool down. I just have a low tolerance for whining...and people who publicly declare they are giving up B3 and going back to Ableton.

That attitude is the real 'vibe killer', not any of the bugs or crashes.

• If you look at 99.9% of my posts, they are defending and praising beatmaker to the end. Heck I even started a happy birthday thread for mathieu as I admire the man so much.

So @tk32 get off your high horse about telling me I’m the vibe killer. Stay off my threads if you’ve got issues. I’ve written countless of praising posts and the ONE where I show some frustration, and you come out with your snarky comments. Where do you get off being so arrogant and condescending.

And further more before this thread gets closed, I haven’t forgotten how you treated and spoke to that guy who was suffering from depression. The way you spoke to him in such a dismissive arrogant and underhanded tone was so telling about you. Until he mentioned he was in a really bad way and you then did the almightiest of cringey back tracking. I was going to pipe in at the time but I thought I’d better not. But bruv if you wanna come at me that’s a different ball game altogether ;) ....

• Bet you're glad you finally got your chance to throw that one at me. There's nothing immature about your conduct, I see.

• @tk32 said:
    Bet you're glad you finally got your chance to throw that one at me. There's nothing immature about your conduct, I see.

Says the child who’s sending sarcastic animal gifs. Takes one to know own right ;)

• @mefisme said:
    "Ohm"

Thanks mef. I needed that.

You couldn't have timed it better if you tried.

• Hello there @mefisme =)

• @mefisme said:
    "Ohm"

Hi @mefisme hope all cool with you and apologies for bringing you up. @tk32 really knows how to push buttons. I really can’t abide by condescending people who talk down on others.

• Ok this is done

This discussion has been closed.