AU Perforator crashes B3 when hitting record

As i had a couple of hours spare this morning, I decided to have one last attempt at troubleshooting the instant record crash . I finally found that it was the AU perforator causing the crash. Reproducible even in a clean empty project.

Add fx - hit record - crash.

Tagged:

Comments

• @groovey said:
    As i had a couple of hours spare this morning, I decided to have one last attempt at troubleshooting the instant record crash . I finally found that it was the AU perforator causing the crash. Reproducible even in a clean empty project.

Add fx - hit record - crash.

Well done, thanks! 🙂

• Yeah this was noted pretty much on release day of perforator, it won't stay in sync, can cause crashes and is generally not good in B3, it works amazing everywhere else, so we do have to put blame on B3 for that.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah this was noted pretty much on release day of perforator, it won't stay in sync, can cause crashes and is generally not good in B3, it works amazing everywhere else, so we do have to put blame on B3 for that.

Ok thanks. I had a perforator on a pad buried deep in a bank. I had spent hours testing and removing every effect one by one from each pad and bank to hone in on what was causing the constant record crashing. It’s so difficult to pin it down when you are using so many different effects. It seems like using IAA synths wasn’t the big issue after all and it was this little rogue effect that I hadnt realised I had left on a pad. After days of testing hours a day on a big track I was really frustrated. Hopefully back on track now. Though that trance gate would have been good to use.

• edited July 2018

Yes, we definitely need a diagnostic project load option.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yes, we definitely need a diagnostic project load option.

Well anything that can save hours and hours of head scratching would certainly be welcome.

• edited July 2018

Head and shoulders?

Only joking - how are you today @groovey. No hard feelings I hope?

• Workaround for now is to go into settings and (off the top of my head) disable “route all MIDI to selected pad”. This setting seems to disagree with AU effects sending out MIDI.

• Aaaaaah of course, the no record enable for MIDI feedback issue, not the first report, should have noticed earlier, forgot Perforator sends MIDI @brambos

• @tk32 of course not,
    @brambos thanks will try this tomorrow. Looking forward to having your cool app back up and running. I was gutted thinking I couldn’t use it in bm3

• just recorded two songs today with multiple instances of Perforator and didn't have any crashes. My only issue is that presets don't stick after close the project and reopen it but that happens with Kosmonaut and all of my Audio Damage AUv3 plug ins too

• @silentvortex But did you record any automation into the track? Or did you just draw it in? It seems to only cause crashing if you try to record automation, if that route all midi option is enabled, but even then perhaps not all the time.