Audio gate

Hey, anyone know of a way to get a gate put on an audio channel in BM3. As far as i know BM3 doesn’t have a gate as a built in effect and I couldn’t find one In the App Store.

Comments

• Good question, and the answer is no unfortunately.

Best you can do for now is simulate it by using a dynamics processor in expansion mode

• @jfox815 Depending on what you want to use it for, you could check out brusfri by klevgrand. Some call it gate, some don’t 😇

It’s reduced in price right now.

• edited June 2018

It just occured to me you could use DerVoco as a noise gate (although not very tweakable, it’s 1 knob) if you insert it as fx, choose input mode and 100% dry.

• Thanks for both of those! Waves has a 3 in one channel strip that would be perfect but it’s cubase only....

• edited June 2018

Somebody really needs to build a SSL-style channel strip AUv3 plugin

!!

• This looks cool but my mind always glazes over as they look so complicated to me. I almost become paralysed with fear

• Trust me, it looks more complicated than it is

• @tk32 said:
    Somebody really needs to build a SSL-style channel strip AUv3 plugin

That would be really nice 😎

• FAC Envolver just got updated with new features including a noise gate and trance gate =)

• edited August 2018

Wonder if this will suffer the same sync issues we have in 3.0.10 with @brambos Perforator trance gate when exporting.