Tips on selecting large areas? Update: solved

edited August 2018 in Support

Hi anyone have any tips on selecting large areas of patterns in the timeline?
Currently I’m finding it very difficult if I want to select a big chunk of a song if some of the tracks are outside of the window space. I have to select what’s in the screen, scroll down to the area containing the rest of the tracks and patterns and then select each individually. Often I mis press a pattern and it deselect everything. Is there an easier way?

Comments

• Can you let us know how you solved it please @groovey
    My fat fingers often miss an item on the timeline and deselect everything.

• Sometimes it even registers a double click and opens the item, even when in marquee mode, im sure that has to be a bug ?

• Only solution i have ever found is undo, which luckily registers selections.

• @5pinlink said:
    Only solution i have ever found is undo, which luckily registers selections.

Good tip.

Double taps are too sensitive in B3, I've noticed. The distance your finger can travel between taps and still register a double tap is way too large.

• @5pinlink ive found that selecting and looping all from the top of the screen and then dragging down past the bottom of the screen selects them all. I think I must have been doing it from bottom to top before. Which didn’t work. This way seems to work consistently now for me.

• Btw, if you want to select everything on the screen, just double tap the select tool button.

• @MSandoval said:

@groovey said:
    @5pinlink ive found that selecting and looping all from the top of the screen and then dragging down past the bottom of the screen selects them all. I think I must have been doing it from bottom to top before. Which didn’t work. This way seems to work consistently now for me.

You know what's funny? This method doesn't seem to work on the iPad Mini models. You have to select & hold what is visible, and then use another finger and scroll up to select stuff that's out-of-view below. Same thing when moving bookmarks in Safari. Or when using drag-and-drop. Wierd.

That is really strange. I wonder if it might have something to do with the iOS version. I’m on 11. And my use-case is definitely reproducible each time I try it now. It was really frustrating as I was just unable to loop a 16 bar full plus off screen section, and my session is huge. But you know when you just come back to something later with fresh eyes and you just seem to find a way.
    So many little things that people just don’t know about but are usually doable in bm3. It’s a shame the manual is a little light as people then get unnecessarily frustrated with it, when it’s a brilliant app.

• The Minis are special use case (still the best iPads though lol) they have some weird zoom thing going on in a ton of apps and webpages where they freeze particular zooms levels, not freeze broken, but freeze "Why are we part way through a zoom" broken, however i would happily kick Tim Cook in the junk for not renewing them for a gen 5.

• edited August 2018

No, iPhone is not good enough, Mini is such a perfect size.
    To be fair, by the time Mini 4s are too slow, we will be running Beatmaker on MS Surface Minis, so who cares, Apple have dropped the ball so much in recent times that i will be surprised if they even make iPads in a few years, they are pretty clueless (latest MBP WTF ?? )