Anybody use a Launchpad pro?

In my mind the features and pad setup should translate well. I was just wondering if anybody had first hand experience.

Comments

• From my experience:
    The Launchpad pads work well for mapping to BM3's pads. The outer buttons on the Launchpad do not quite map as expected...

• @DeanDaughters said:
    From my experience:
    The Launchpad pads work well for mapping to BM3's pads. The outer buttons on the Launchpad do not quite map as expected...

What about the chord modes and stuff like that?

• Not sure exactly what you mean. I don't think Launchpad has a "chord mode"... (?)
    You can set the launchpad into a "scale mode".

I just lock the launchpad pro into "drum mode"
    then I assign it's pads to the pads in BM3.
    Then when I play the Launchpad, it's exactly the same as if i'm hitting the pads on the screen in BM3.

There are other ways to use it. This is how I am using it.
    Hope that makes sense. 🤗😁👊

• Oh, Hey - this video I made last year might help explain what I mean! :)

• @DeanDaughters said:
    Not sure exactly what you mean. I don't think Launchpad has a "chord mode"... (?)
    You can set the launchpad into a "scale mode".

I just lock the launchpad pro into "drum mode"
    then I assign it's pads to the pads in BM3.
    Then when I play the Launchpad, it's exactly the same as if i'm hitting the pads on the screen in BM3.

There are other ways to use it. This is how I am using it.
    Hope that makes sense. 🤗😁👊

Thats what I was thinking about. Does the scale mode work with BM3?

• Yes, you can use Launchpad's internal scale mode with BM3.
    or, you can set the scale inside of BM3 and just use the launchpad in drum mode still. Yeah! 😀 👊

• I use a launchpad pro with bm3, great combo highly recommend. Note that the iPad doesn’t provide enough power to run the launchpad so you’ll have to use either launchpads power cable or you can use a CCK2 with a third party charger to charge the iPad and power the launchpad simultaneously. Standard Apple usb plugs aren’t powerful enough to do it. For a backpack sized rig you can’t go wrong with this combo. You can even export files from launchpad and open them in the launchpad app to do a clip launching set if you’re concerned about BM3s stability at all

• I didn't know it couldn't be powered from the ipad. A trigger finger pro is another I was considering.