The ability to use the same bank on different tracks in the sequencer

This would be a dope feature. Sometimes I load up several sounds into a bank, but I don't necessarily want to sequence them on the same track. So some type of option to switch tracks would be really useful.

Comments

• Technically, it's possible to create lots of different patterns on the same lane and then drag them over one another - but this is messy. We would all prefer the option to have sub-lanes for the bank, and this has been on our wishlist for the last 6+ months.

Interestingly, none of the main iOS DAWs officially support this sub-lane feature, except for Nanostudio, which is about to release a new version very soon.

• edited August 2018

Kind of like on an mpc sequencer you can setup a program with a bunch of samples and use that same program on different tracks. I find myself creating a bank for one sound for sequencing reasons, but that's really a waste to me.

• @jhsmith1183 said:
    Kind of like on an mpc sequencer you can setup a program with a bunch of samples and use that same program on different tracks. I find myself creating a bank for one sound for sequencing reasons, but that's really a waste to me.

Often I just load the same bank a few times for this reason. It’s a bit sideways (sorry if that’’s bad english😉), and not very resource efficient, but it works for me, for now...

• I’m confused? Wouldn’t that be scenes?

• @stormywaterz said:
    I’m confused? Wouldn’t that be scenes?

I like to have ‘themed’ banks sometimes, E.g. Electro or battle 11, containing sounds that I want to use together. I load the bank seperatly for drums, leads, pads, weird noises etc. This makes it easier to arrange the song for me. If you want you can even remove the sounds you don’t use per ‘track’

• Also if you’ve loaded a bunch of pads in one bank and you don’t want to have to save that bank to load it to other banks/tracks, you can use select mode in the pads view to copy or cut pads to paste to different pads in another bank. It will bring the fx but I don’t think it’ll bring any patterns, but you can drag patterns from the pattern helper to get them from one bank to another, then adjust accordingly. A video might help describe all this but I’m not really sure what the goal is. I’ve never used an MPC.

• @ronji said:
    Also if you’ve loaded a bunch of pads in one bank and you don’t want to have to save that bank to load it to other banks/tracks, you can use select mode in the pads view to copy or cut pads to paste to different pads in another bank. It will bring the fx but I don’t think it’ll bring any patterns, but you can drag patterns from the pattern helper to get them from one bank to another, then adjust accordingly. A video might help describe all this but I’m not really sure what the goal is. I’ve never used an MPC.

Well in a mpc they have what called a program which is essentially the same as what a bank is in bm3. You can load a program up with samples and you have the ability to switch which track youre recording to. This really helps with the arranging process.

• I don't really want to use a whole bank for a bass tone for example that i'm going to use in keyboard mode. I also don't want to have to record it to the same track as other stuff I may have in the bank. Its more of a workflow improvement than anything else.

• I’ve always used BM3 with just a single bank loaded so that I can control my entire mixer by MIDI for performance. I’m only recently starting to track MIDI/Audio for a recording project and different ‘lanes’ would definitely be a greatly welcome feature for me.

• @jhsmith1183 said:
    I don't really want to use a whole bank for a bass tone for example that i'm going to use in keyboard mode. I also don't want to have to record it to the same track as other stuff I may have in the bank. Its more of a workflow improvement than anything else.

I agree 100%, but then consider if we have pad to pad audio with level, now all of a sudden that bank is not just a bass tone, but the pads become inserts and sends for the bass tone.

So yeah lanes 100% but audio routing allowing banks to be modular instruments with full recall 100% too.

• edited September 2018

@tk32 said:
    Interestingly, none of the main iOS DAWs officially support this sub-lane feature, except for Nanostudio, which is about to release a new version very soon.

FLM will add a new sub-lane if you record a new pattern over an existing one. If you long press a drum channel it will give you the option to manually add a sub-lane/track (either sequencer or notes) but the keyboard channels require recording over previous material to add tracks.

• I'll have to keep my eye on FLM in that case.

Thanks @bigcatrik