We're all imperfect creatures

edited August 2018 in General

Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone here that forums can be weird melting pots of users from different cultures, backgrounds, classes, religions, and various stages of life.

I think, on the whole, we do a pretty good job of avoiding conflict here, but it's probably worth reminding everyone that each one of us is an imperfect creature with insecurities and an ego of some description.

In summary... I'm delighted you all manage to put up with me and my 'foibles' and off-key moments, and I'll do my best to put up with all yours too. Yes, that even means you, uncle Win.

1. Group hug?16 votes
    1. Yes
      81.25%
    2. No
      18.75%

Comments

• Haha.. I've just had the first 'No' vote to my group hug question.

• Aaaah crap, i wasn't the first no, grrrrrr

• Keep it cool ! You all share the same interest for music production !

• Awwwww Yeah! 🤗

• I assume this is about a closed thread floating down there. Awww heck, hugs are fun!

• I shattered my bass guitar on the ground yesterday during an uncontrolled act of desperation to get out of the isolating and suffocating reality I have manifested. The moment I think to give up and end my own life, I log in here and see this thread.

@tk32 you have no idea how much I needed a virtual hug. Thank you.

To all others in equal thoughts of compassion, Hugs.

• @mefisme
    I'm so glad my gesture was well received.

I hope life throws you a bone, brother.

• @tk32 said:
    @mefisme
    I'm so glad my gesture was well received.

I hope life throws you a bone, brother.

Explain that idiom so I don’t further sulk. Googling it is not what I need.

• edited August 2018

It means I hope that life finds a way to give you hope and optimism. A fresh breeze, or a change of luck, so to speak.

In other words, life shows you some love and makes you feel good <3

• edited August 2018

@tk32 said:
    It means I hope that life finds a way to give you hope and optimism. A fresh breeze, or a change of luck, so to speak.

In other words, life shows you some love and makes you feel good <3

Maybe life will take all this rain and compact it into a floating zero gravity water bubble that speaks (and that I can poke).

• edited August 2018

“Throw me a bone” is like the hungry dog looking for the handout, food ... looking for help.

@mefisme I’m hoping that you’re doing ok. Honest concern for you!