MIDI editor - How to Select and Drag Multiple Notes Up or Down

The editing seemed much more exact and easy in BM2. When I need to select a group of midi notes in the editor and drag them up or down it is virtually impossible. What am I missing? Thanks.

Comments

• Here you go - hope this helps!
    :)
    (wonder if this facebook video link will work?)

https://www.facebook.com/Electronisounds/videos/682028538821708

• Beat me to the punch, i had just recorded one lol.

• Sorry to step on your toes, Mate! 😀 👊

• Yours are better anyway ;)

• Very good!

• It would be cool if you could move things with the dotted lines. :wink: (I'll go slap myself now)

• @Audiogus said:
    It would be cool if you could move things with the dotted lines. :wink: (I'll go slap myself now)

Slap me too, I despise the MIDI editing lol

• @Audiogus said:
    It would be cool if you could move things with the dotted lines. :wink: (I'll go slap myself now)

Consider me slapped as well, many times over 🤕

• @5pinlink said:

@Audiogus said:

@denx said:

@Audiogus said:

Aww, I don't mind the midi editing so much. It was just so smooth on bumpy roads.

• @Audiogus said:

@5pinlink said:

@Audiogus said:

@denx said:

@Audiogus said:

Aww, I don't mind the midi editing so much. It was just so smooth on bumpy roads.

I was totally in love with those lines 💔

• Are we lamenting the loss of the dotted lines?!
    Count me in! :'(
    I was really vibing those, too!

(I do like the way it zooms in on long press now, though! B) )

• @DeanDaughters said:
    Are we lamenting the loss of the dotted lines?!
    Count me in! :'(
    I was really vibing those, too!

(I do like the way it zooms in on long press now, though! B) )

Oh yah, once I got used to it, pretty sweet.

• @LeadDevX1 said:
    The editing seemed much more exact and easy in BM2. When I need to select a group of midi notes in the editor and drag them up or down it is virtually impossible. What am I missing? Thanks.

Absolutely. Why can't this be as easy as it was in BM2?

• edited September 2018

Yeah, MIDI editing is so painful I’ve stopped using BM3 completely. Over 8 months since a release to fix any of it has me dejected. I’ve gone back to push2 and ableton. I was hoping it would get iterated on as it seems like @mathieugarcia is a proponent of agile development practices based on his twitter feed, but BM3 feels like the same long release cycles of monolith applications instead of the “if it hurts, do it more often - Martin Fowler” school of agile. These MIDI editing issues could have been knocked out months ago. Very disappointed in the product approach to it’s ongoing improvement.

• edited September 2018

I hear you. I don’t expect perfection but it is funny how each daw has at least that one link that breaks the chain. Almost there and BAM, you can’t reliably import midi files, and a once perfect midi editing interface is gone.

But at the moment I’m resigned to BM3, for how long I don’t know. Cubasis makes me reload all my IAAs and reset midi details, FL Studio Mobile doen’t see more than half of my IAA, AudioBus apps and chokes on Session Drummer and Drum Perfect Pro.

Well, I hope the next update...whenever...it comes tightens BM3 up. It is sooooo close.

• Please, NEVER remove the velocity option for pads and keys.