Multiple Audio Outs? (IAA)

edited August 2018 in Feature Requests

I’m sure this is something that’s been requested before so I’m just adding my own desire for this and stating my use case.

I’m actually pretty happy with BM3 in general and it does what I need it to do. Have had some small issues but nothing that’s stopped the show and things I’ll explore and document more deeply after 3.1 comes out. In general it’s perfectly stable!

I did hit a point in my session complexity though where the GUI frame rate slows down to a crawl. My session stability is still fine, no processor related sound glitching and everything responds perfectly to MIDI. I don’t need to touch BM3 in performance so that’s ok, but it’s just very nasty to work in it like this.

If I load another app in the foreground, the GUI will be perfectly smooth and the device handles it fine. The only real reason I’m using BM3 is to host sampler instruments and as I’ve noticed that it’s pretty commonly suggested to host things in AUM and route into BM3, I thought that I’d try it the other way around and use BM3 to host all my sampler instruments, then route the audio in AUM.

Obviously this crashed and burned when I noticed that BM3 outputs all its audio in a single output.

— So, feature request for multiple IAA outputs!

Comments

• edited August 2018

I dont really use IAA, but its surprising that Cubasis only has one out too.

Have you managed to find out what is causing the UI slow down, is it a particular plugin or combination of ?
    Definitely something @mathieugarcia would want to look at i suspect.

PS i have added IAA to your title for clarity ;)

• Hey @OscarSouth,

One of the most CPU/GPU heavy view is the mixer. Try to "avoid" this view to ease everything and leave more room for the audio processing.

As you suggest though, multi-output for IAA's would be a nice addition.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey @OscarSouth,

One of the most CPU/GPU heavy view is the mixer. Try to "avoid" this view to ease everything and leave more room for the audio processing.

As you suggest though, multi-output for IAA's would be a nice addition.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

Hey Mathieu, yeah I noticed that sound gets glitched a bit when moving around in the mixer. I generally control anything I need there by MIDI and leave it alone as much as possible.

As audio is still fine after the GUI slowdown kicks in (if I’m not interacting much with the mixer) I assumed that it was to allow more priority to the audio processing (which is a consideration that I appreciate!).

IAA outputs would definitely be useful and add a lot of potential flexibility.

Thanks again and thanks for making such wicked music software!

Oscar