Thoughts on bm3 and/or any daw on upcoming iPad mini 5

So in the works is the IPad 5 rumoured to be released q4 of this year or by q2 of next. Was just wondering what is everyone’s thoughts about music programming on the smaller of the iPads. HAS ANYONE EVER PRODUCED MUSIC ON ANY OF THE MINIS? I just read in a new post someone used a synth on their iPad mini 2.

Reason asking because I started to want a mini but changed my mind when I saw they got discontinued years ago and would prefer something new. Please share

Comments

• Pick an iPad based on the size, weight, price and intensity of what you need.

Mini 2s can still make great music with BM3 (as 5pin will testify), but you just have to be realistic about how many live plugins you can use per track (or print/render to audio more frequently)

• edited October 2018

Yeah im still rocking two Mini 2s here, the size is just perfect for on the go, looking forward to a Mini 5 way more than the new pros, unfortunately it probably wont have a headphone socket, which means i will probably just upgrade to Mini 4s instead.

• I use a mini4 for all BM3 duties. Does a great job!

• Probably wont have Lightning either, which kills its use in iDock too.

• @5pinlink said:
    Probably wont have Lightning either, which kills its use in iDock too.

Did the last one released not have one? how did recharging take place?

• @tk32 said:
    Pick an iPad based on the size, weight, price and intensity of what you need.

Mini 2s can still make great music with BM3 (as 5pin will testify), but you just have to be realistic about how many live plugins you can use per track (or print/render to audio more frequently)

True, hopefully it should satisfy my music making needs. So long as they come the very least at 64 gigs(better at 128) then am good. With the more powerful processor it should set things over top for me

• Sorry should have been clearer, looks like the new generation of iPads could be going to USB-C instead of lightning, a terrible move in my mind, but im in the minority it seems.

• @michelson said:

@tk32 said:

True, hopefully it should satisfy my music making needs. So long as they come the very least at 64 gigs(better at 128) then am good. With the more powerful processor it should set things over top for me

Petsonally i would say, if you are OK with no headphone port and the ISB-C instead of lightning, the rumoured Mini 5 will be an absolute monster piece of kit.
    The size of the Minis is just too too good on the move, it really is the MPC1000 of the future (say that in the futurama voice, trust me, it works)

• @5pinlink said:

@michelson said:

@tk32 said:

Petsonally i would say, if you are OK with no headphone port and the ISB-C instead of lightning, the rumoured Mini 5 will be an absolute monster piece of kit.
    The size of the Minis is just too too good on the move, it really is the MPC1000 of the future (say that in the futurama voice, trust me, it

HOPEFULLY, at least they have the lightning port. But if not then I’m still getting it. KEEP UP WITH YOUTUBE VIDEOS I LEARNED ALOT ALREADY

• Guess no mini’s

• @stormywaterz said:
    Guess no mini’s

Still hoping for early next year