Maximum number of AUv3 Parameters per Plug-In?

Hi!

There seems to be a somewhat 'hidden' limit as to how many AU Parameters per plug-in BM3 is able to access and show?

Being a chip-tune addict I recently got SquareSynth 2.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/squaresynth-2-8bit-synth/id1439660868?mt=8

It's got a staggering amount of AUParameters that can be automated and at some point BM3 says 'enough already' and simply caps the list of available parameters. There are so many parameters available that for example AUM just shows 'none'.

The only host I've found so far that is able to show and access all the AUParameters is ApeMatrix.

Automation in Cubasis works well as it goes the other way around, meaning in order to access a parameter it needs to be automated first from the Plug-In UI.

GarageBand also fails and shows 4 'random' AU Parameters in the UI.

Once we have the 'info' regarding maximum number or AUv3 Parameters per Plug-In or a 'fix' this thread can be closed.

Cheers!
/Samuel

Comments

• Developers can choose which ones to keep in the background and which ones to expose. I'm sure if there's a bazillion of them not all of them are useful to the outside world (don't know the synth). You could ask the developer to hide the obscure/esoteric parameters and publish only the ones which are meant to be tinkered with.

• @brambos said:
    Developers can choose which ones to keep in the background and which ones to expose. I'm sure if there's a bazillion of them not all of them are useful to the outside world (don't know the synth). You could ask the developer to hide the obscure/esoteric parameters and publish only the ones which are meant to be tinkered with.

True but in this case it's not my decision to choose what to hide and what to keep since most parameters from the UI can be automated and it works perfectly in Cubasis. (Remaining fix is to update the UI with incoming automation).

Session Restore works fine in all hosts I've tried so far.
    In order to 'snap shot' the synth for session restore all parameters need to be saved no?

What puzzled me is that AUM shows no parameters at all (ie. empty list) while ApeMatrix shows them all.
    GarageBand seems to pick at random and BM3 chops of the list after a pre-set amount of parameters.

Oh well, it's not end of the world...

• Personally i would say this is a bug ?

• @5pinlink said:
    Personally i would say this is a bug ?

Indeed, other than a 'few' missing AUParameters it works well...

If I recall correctly BM3 has a hard-coded limit on the number of AUv3Parameters it can show so yes, it is a bug/limitation in BM3 that I've bumped in to.

• I'm gonna move this to bugs, that limit shouldnt exist in my mind.

• Hello there,
    BeatMaker has a hidden limit of 256 parameters for plugins.
    We thought it would be enough and should be careful changing that so you could reload old projects.

All the best,
    Vincent B.

• Doesnt each AU parameter have a unique individual identifier ?
    Seems like poor design if not.

• It is indeed.
    AU changed a lot since V2...

• So each parameter doesn't have its own unique identifier, wow !!

• Only means it has 256 of them ...
    All the best,
    Vincent B.