App crashing when changing banks

I am having frequent crashing in BM3. The one pattern I’ve noticed is that when changing banks on the pads screen. Right now I have a bank with a Sunrizer auv3 and another bank with about 20 samples (several samples are up to 8 bars long). I’ve noticed crashing when switching from the auv3 to the samples bank. I have about 5 8-bar scenes in this project, runs up to about 35% CPU usage. I’ve done a hard reset of my iPad, a 12.9” Pro 2017, currently set at 512 samples latency.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2018

Thanks for a detailed write up. I think we've all had this happen once in a while, but it's great to start narrowing it down and identifying danger zones.

It achieves 2 important things...

1. Helps the Devs identify and fix the bug.
    2. (in the meantime...) Helps the community to know what actions to be careful around, and when it might be worth saving before executing a risky command.

Cheers

• Hey there !

If you have a session file to share as well, that would be even more helpful.

Thanks,
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey there !

If you have a session file to share as well, that would be even more helpful.

Thanks,
    Mathieu.

BM3 Session files are grayed out when I choose the file upload. How can I share them here?

• If you email them to me win (at) 5pin.link
    I can take a look and share it with @mathieugarcia too, I have some issues with AU myself.

• I have the same problem. There are 5 banks in this track. CPU usage 12-20 %
    iPad Pro 12.9 2018 - audio interface Audient ID14 via USB-C Hub, 512 Samples, 44.1k, 24-bit
    iOS 12.1 (16B92), BM3 3.0.12

The first bank is my drum bank with 3 samples, some FX on the several kick pads
    The second bank is a hats bank with 7 samples
    three other banks, all with samples and some FX on it

It mainly crash, when playing the track and switching from i.e. 3rd bank to the 1st.

• Hi there,

Please send a copy of this session (saved with samples) to support@intua.net !

Thanks !
    Mathieu.