Patterns not into Scenes

Hi

When making pattens is there a way of them not to automatically go into scenes. I’m wanting to just make loads of pattens and the pull them into the time line later.

Cheers

Comments

• How are you making the patterns ?
    When i use create pattern it just exists in the pattern helper.

• @TwistedGenetics said:
    Hi

When making pattens is there a way of them not to automatically go into scenes. I’m wanting to just make loads of pattens and the pull them into the time line later.

Cheers

They shouldn’t automatically go into scenes. Create them in Thebes pattern library. Press the the top left tracker window (can never remember the name for this. The mini timeline). And have the pattern edit window open on the right side. Make your grooves in the pattern editor and the patten is automatically set within the pattern helper drop down window on the left.

Make a library of midi patterns there without them ever going into a scene.

• @5pinlink said:
    How are you making the patterns ?
    When i use create pattern it just exists in the pattern helper.

So basically I select the pattern helper top left box on main screen which opens up the patten window. I click ‘create new pattern’, select loop size, and record a pattern. I rinse and repeate for more pattens. With no patterns pulled or recorded in to the main sequencer window the last made pattern keeps playing ( as expected to cue it up with the track) but when you go into the scene window it’s there playing. You have To click ‘play song’ otherwise it loops even after pattern window is closed.

I’m probs being dumb :)

• Ah yeah, there has been a fair bit of confusion about this lately, it is actually expected behaviour.
    Whenever you select a pattern in the pattern helper, it automatically puts that pattern in a scene cell, so if you select a pattern to record in to, you are actually recording in to a cell, then have to hit play song afterwards to renove it from the cell, doubly frustrating when you want to record pattern automation and need to select a pattern in the pattern helper too.

I always thought it was a bug, but its actually just really weird design, I still dont see any advantage to this behaviour, but i am sure the developers will streamline it at some point.

• @5pinlink said:
    Ah yeah, there has been a fair bit of confusion about this lately, it is actually expected behaviour.
    Whenever you select a pattern in the pattern helper, it automatically puts that pattern in a scene cell, so if you select a pattern to record in to, you are actually recording in to a cell, then have to hit play song afterwards to renove it from the cell, doubly frustrating when you want to record pattern automation and need to select a pattern in the pattern helper too.

I always thought it was a bug, but its actually just really weird design, I still dont see any advantage to this behaviour, but i am sure the developers will streamline it at some point.

Ahh ok thanks..... at least I’m not being stupid :)