Is there a way to use two different au instruments in one bank on different pads?

Is there a way to use two (or more) different au instruments in one bank on different pads?
I tried it, and was able to add the second instrument and a pattern for it, but no sound.
Would be great if it worked. It would be like a proper group bus!
Separate fx chains are already there, as well as separate faders in the mixer.
Am I missing something?

Comments

• Ok...I was able to make it work after deleting pasted pattern and entering it manually and I’m very pleased, but nothing seems to work from the first time on my iPad Pro 9,7.
    Am I the only one having these problems?

• I use Moog Model D as an instrument.

• vovvov
    edited December 2018

So the only thing missing, is an expanded view for banks in Song editor , similar to ‘Show Pads’ in Mixer, so we could view and edit patterns separately for each pad. But I guess it’s a feature request.

• I use pad one as my sound and link it to other pads with other aus so I can combine sounds like kontact. Works wonders.

• @stormywaterz said:
    I use pad one as my sound and link it to other pads with other aus so I can combine sounds like kontact. Works wonders.

Yep, layering is great for complex sounds, but I'm after something different here - group buses - an essential thing for proper mixing.

• edited December 2018

You can create a group bus using a spare AUX channel. Either use AUX 1 or 2, or create a new one for this purpose.

Just make sure the original banks are all set to pre-fader sends, set the corresponding SEND to 100%, then drop the faders on those channels to zero (negative infinity)

Works great for combining drums and compressing them together.

Hope this helps - there's also a more in-depth (and illustrated) explanation of this trick in the Guide to BM3 (book) I'm currently writing. It should be out sometime in January.

• Is this all you're trying to do? Use a bank as a bus without using sends to aux tracks, with a different AU on each pad?

• vovvov
    edited January 2019

Using an aux bus and putting each instrument in its own bank is a little inconvenient and takes up more prossecing power from my experience. So I prefer to use a bank as a bus for several instruments , and there's no need for any sends in that case by the way.
    The only problem is that I need independent midi tracks in a song mode for easier access to editing them and their automation. I think it would be not so hard to implement, because the audio engine has already got everything needed for this, mixer got Show Pads function, and you can even have different midi patterns for each pad in Pattern edit mode. So the only thing left is to upgrade interface in the Song edit mode, so that long press on a Bank name would show/hide tracks for the pads wich have midi patterns on them.

• @mathieugarcia has said previously he is investigating the best way to implement bank lanes, I am inclined to take him at his word :)

• @vov Yeah a lot of us have been hoping for a breakout of pad tracks in song view for ages. Hope it comes sooner than later cuz it would help a lot