When will you finally make the outgoing MIDI sync?!!

When will you finally make the outgoing MIDI sync?!! Or do we just stay in the nursery? Not funny already the program is one of the most expensive and I really like it... But because of these that's not the completions, and ignoring the most important basic functions, not only you have other manufacturers, too.... Just in view of this, one gets the impression that the ipad remains a toy, where there's nothing to do. I'm getting down, it's so sad, I was so happy in the beginning

Comments

• hey man, are you referring to midi clock sync? If so since BM3 has Ableton link you can use this lovely little app to sync clock very accurately to other midi gear.

It costs 1 dollar

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493?mt=8

• This is a solution ut not a good one as it's not IAA nor Audiobus so you'll have to launch it manually every time and worse : there's no way to store the port where you hardware need to be sync.

• I agree its not ideal.

• edited January 2019

Cool, so you decided this was a bug, and that its fixed, no problem, glad they got it sorted for you :)

• +1 for midi clock sync

• That's definitely coming.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    That's definitely coming.

Quoting this for clarity, he is the developer, this is now the nth time he has said it is coming, like most developers giving a time frame of when this will arrive is a fools choice, deadlines are invariably missed.

• Exactly. No ETA.

• @winconway said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Quoting this for clarity, he is the developer, this is now the nth time he has said it is coming, like most developers giving a time frame of when this will arrive is a fools choice, deadlines are invariably missed.

When was the last time Mathieu said he was implementing this? Would be happy to be wrong, but this is the first time I remember seeing a confirmation. Can you drop the link here so we know it’s been addressed for the nth time? That helps people know to search. I looked through the last year of messages from M and didn’t see it.

• edited January 2019

@drez said:

@winconway said:

@mathieugarcia said:

When was the last time Mathieu said he was implementing this? Would be happy to be wrong, but this is the first time I remember seeing a confirmation. Can you drop the link here so we know it’s been addressed for the nth time? That helps people know to search. I looked through the last year of messages from M and didn’t see it.

It has definitely been said before by an Intua person.

• @Audiogus said:

@drez said:

@winconway said:

@mathieugarcia said:

It has definitely been said before by an Intua person.

In this thread...

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/24839#Comment_24839

• By this handsome gentleman...

• edited January 2019

1.15 human years, or roughly 11.5 muscian years ago... :p

Anyway, still very much looking forward to it :)

• Ahhh that’s why. I didn’t look back all the way to 2017. I had only looked through all of last year. Doesn’t seem to be for nth time though. Unless that’s 1th :D

I guess that’s why the OP might have been asking “when will it finally”. Because the last mention of it over a year ago might make the OP wonder if it was still happening which seems reasonable enough. Thanks for clearing that up Mathieu!

• Smh. I did a quick search and found where he mentioned it was coming.

• edited January 2019

@hansjbs said:
    Smh. I did a quick search and found where he mentioned it was coming.

Right but I looked through every message he made in 2018 to make sure I didn’t miss context. Once I hit 2017 I gave up. If something doesn’t show up over a year after saying it will come back “pretty soon” then it’s not unreasonable to ask when it will make its debut. Also, the nth time makes it sound like Intua has repeatedly answered this question over and over in kind of a how dare you ask again tone. IMO, one time update 14 months ago doesn’t qualify. OP seems frustrated a bit because “pretty soon since 2017” didn’t happen. Further, it doesn’t seem unreasonable for people to +1 it if they are really looking forward to the feature.

Anyway, Mathieu finally gave a new update in the thread, so I guess it was good to ask the question by @GlazSan. Thanks for bringing it up!

• I am very sorry, I will make sure next time i read every single post ever made on every forum and chat group and put a very exact number, oh wait, no i wont, dont be so silly, no idea why you are acting like this ?

• @mathieugarcia said:

With offset +/- ms please — I’ve never had a piece of MIDI hardware that synced correctly to the default clock an iOS app sends without adjusting offset (inevitably using MIDI Link Sync).

• @winconway said:
    I am very sorry, I will make sure next time i read every single post ever made on every forum and chat group and put a very exact number, oh wait, no i wont, dont be so silly, no idea why you are acting like this ?

Because you were very patronizing in your response to a valid question. If you are going to say something like that, then it should at least be true. The truth is there wasn’t an update from Intua for 14 months. Instead you kind of throw something out there that was insulting and it wasn’t even accurate.

• edited January 2019

Wait, so you have checked every post to see if it was the nth time, i thought you gave up after a years worth of posts lol, but you can say i wasnt telling the truth, which is you not telling the truth haha, everybody knows you hate me, but seriously, nonsense, get a better past time, nobody cares about you disliking me but you.

Oh wait wait wait, just re read your post, sorry, didnt realise you just wanted another excuse to moan about the silence from Intua hahaha, my mistake, oh an by the way, he did say it would be coming back multiple times, i really dont do being called a liar ;)

• @winconway said:
    Wait, so you have checked every post to see if it was the nth time, i thought you gave up after a years worth of posts lol, but you can say i wasnt telling the truth, which is you not telling the truth haha,

I don't grasp what you're talking about here.

everybody knows you hate me, but seriously, nonsense, get a better past time, nobody cares about you disliking me but you.

@winconway said:

I don't dislike you, if you get that vibe, that's on you. You're a great moderator and a credit to the community. I've told you that both on the forum and via PM. Doesn't mean I don't disagree with you on things or that you are infallible. I've been nothing but respectful in our interactions. Go check every post :D

@winconway said:
    Oh wait wait wait, just re read your post, sorry, didnt realise you just wanted another excuse to moan about the silence from Intua hahaha, my mistake, oh an by the way, he did say it would be coming back multiple times, i really dont do being called a liar ;)

I didn't moan about the silence from Intua. My issue is you claiming Intua saying repeatedly that it was coming, when...they didn't say it repeatedly. The OP asked When will you finally make the outgoing MIDI sync? not asking as if Intua said they wouldn't do it, but when would they. Nothing wrong with asking when, especially when there's been no update on it in in the last couple of releases.

You act as if asking for an update is a crime against humanity. Its not.

And I never called you a liar. I'm sure you genuinely thought that it had been mentioned by Intua repeatedly since their last mention of it coming pretty soon.

• @mathieugarcia did say it repeatedly, here on the forum, and i do ‘believe’ at least once over at the AB forum, close to initial release, nth is more than once, so i am not mistaken.

Asking for an update is no crime and nobody ever suggested that at all, that again is nonsense, the point of my post was to iterate that ETAs are not given.

B3 is neither nursery level software or causing depression through lack of basic features as suggested by the OP, and you know what, I unashamedly protect the developers i enjoy the work of, fanboy, i dont really care, im not going to stop.

• :D we'll just disagree on all the above and that's ok :)

• Cant argue with that ;)

• Danmmm. I was ready for the popcorn.

• @drez said:

@hansjbs said:
    Smh. I did a quick search and found where he mentioned it was coming.

Right but I looked through every message he made in 2018 to make sure I didn’t miss context. Once I hit 2017 I gave up. If something doesn’t show up over a year after saying it will come back “pretty soon” then it’s not unreasonable to ask when it will make its debut. Also, the nth time makes it sound like Intua has repeatedly answered this question over and over in kind of a how dare you ask again tone. IMO, one time update 14 months ago doesn’t qualify. OP seems frustrated a bit because “pretty soon since 2017” didn’t happen. Further, it doesn’t seem unreasonable for people to +1 it if they are really looking forward to the feature.

Anyway, Mathieu finally gave a new update in the thread, so I guess it was good to ask the question by @GlazSan. Thanks for bringing it up!

Gotcha. It’s all good.

• edited January 2019

Until BM3 have midi clock the best choice for me is to use Loopy HD.
    I set up all the clock inside Loopy create a track in BM3 to start loopy play and send clock to all my devices.
    Then I save this as a bank with patterns.
    Finally I just have to load this bank when I need mid clock sync.
    Hope it help