Liquid, DnB, Minimal 140 Help

I’d really appreciate any help in producing these genres, I’ve figured my way around BM3, I don’t have much production experience.
I’d also like any appreciate in emulating the Massive plugin, thanks

Comments

• Get Synthmaster One.

It's currently on sale, and is one of the most powerful and versatile AUv3 synths. It should do a good job of being a massive substitute for you.

• Thank you, I’m really enjoying this synth,
    Few more questions
    How can I make the wobs synchronise with the tempo
    And 2, are there any good drum synths on iOS?

• edited December 2018

Best drum synth (bar none) is Ruismaker Noir - just be aware that it only does 1 sound per instance, rather than a whole kit.

Other options include Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, and Synth Bassdrum

As for the ‘wobs’/‘womps’, you’ll be wanting to to modulate filter cutoff with a BPM-synced LFO. All of which is possible in Synthmaster One.

For extra expression, you could adjust the amount of filter modulation according to note velocity, and use the modulation wheel to control the LFO rate.

These sort of bass sounds can also be made for free using BM3’s sampler to build a synth from scratch using looped single cycles - but that’s a bit more complicated :)

• Thank you so much sir, I really appreciate it 🤝

• Let me know if you need more help - I could build a patch or make a video

• edited December 2018

@tk32 said:
    Best drum synth (bar none) is Ruismaker Noir - just be aware that it only does 1 sound per instance, rather than a whole kit.

That’s not accurate. It can do infinite sounds per instance. Just only one sound per beat. It’s a monophonic drum synth.

• If you’re only interested in drum synths (vs. sample based), of the AU apps I have...

• For 808 sounds, I find MV08 the best.
    • For everything else Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, and Ruismaker Noir. Ruismaker is perhaps the easiest to get going with.
  • @number37 said:

@tk32 said:

That’s not accurate. It can do infinite sounds per instance. Just only one sound per beat. It’s a monophonic drum synth.

Yes, that is technically the case - and you can make some incredible morphing sounds - but when explaining it to a beginner I still think it's worth pointing out that you can't build an 8- or 16-part full drum kit with just one instance.

• Avoid AU plugins entirely, unless that is ypu are going to sample them.
    Most DnB will use a sample even if it is a sample if a plugin, the interpolation and aluasing added by the sampler is part of the DnB sound,vespecially with basses.
    Synthmaster One while a great synth is a bit overkill for basses and wobbles, the sampler in B3 is much faster at doing these and sounding authentic.

I am about to release a tutorial with construction sessions, showing how to go the resample route based on simple single cycles start point.
    (As soon as i get a new headset that works well)

• Heres one, took a couple minutes to make using my set up, sounds more authentic than pretty much any plugin, uses very little CPU.

• What he said ;)

Thanks 5pin

• Gotta love YouTube comments "With no beats, and no bass :thumbs down" hahaha WTF ?

• Thank you everyone, this help is amazing

• Hey everyone, this is what I came up with, it’s my first go at making music on software like this, thanks for all your advice, I can’t wait to learn some more

• Great start @skarab

Looking forward to hearing more from you ;)

• Hey everyone i have another question, is there anyway to tempo sync the synth master one? Thanks everyone and happy new year

• @skarab The easiest way is to turn on the SYNC button in the LFO section, and then set the LFO to modulate one of the other parameters (such as Filter Cutoff)

• @skarab said:
    Hey everyone, this is what I came up with, it’s my first go at making music on software like this, thanks for all your advice, I can’t wait to learn some more

Not really feeling this to be honest. A bit too downbeat for my tastes. Sorry man.

• Also, because BM3 is so good at resampling, you can just keep resampling what you create. Like start with a sample of a sound you like from synthmaster or whatever, drop some effects on a few hits, sample those, then start again from the new source. It’s pretty fun and can come up with some yuge stuff, all while saving CPU. Commit and move forward! Build a library of your own :)

• @tk32 said:
    @skarab The easiest way is to turn on the SYNC button in the LFO section, and then set the LFO to modulate one of the other parameters (such as Filter Cutoff)

That’s got to be one of the best things to suggest. It seems like lots of people ask about how to do that and you summed it up nicely in one line.

• @skarab said:

And 2, are there any good drum synths on iOS?

MV08. Synth Drum Kick. DM2. Elastic Drums.

• Hey everyone, Thanks everyone for the constructive criticism, I went away and put some sweat in to this,

• Not my sort of DnB but its there for sure, sub is a bit flabby, but other than that its sounding good, if ypur sub doesnt feel like its cuttong through the mix, layer in a saw, try up an octave etc, distort and eq to add in some raspy upper harmonics to the sub, so ypu dont need to have it as flabby.

• Nice work.

Looking forward to hearing more from you @skarab

Consider joining the monthly battles. Our current theme is early 90s (any genre)

• edited June 2019