Anyone upgraded to IOS 12??

Still running IOS 10 on my Ipad 9.7 (2017 model). Any issues with upgrading i.e. does it slow down the Ipad etc? Cheers.

Comments

• edited January 2019

it makes BM3 more stable in most cases (better RAM management for AUv3).

At least that’s the experience on the Pros - and there won’t be any negatives for non-pros

Upgrade. Do it. ;)

• Will I loose any data - shouldn't but you never know. Don't really have any means of backing up as only have access to an old Mac Book Pro.

• It’s very safe.

• There should be no issue, and no data loss by upgrading to iOS 12. That said, I would never upgrade across major versions without backing up! I would definitely find some way, even if it meant signing up temporarily for enough iCloud storage to do it.

Keep in mind though ... ”backup” to Apple does not mean that you can return to iOS 10 if you aren’t happy with iOS 12. There is no way to go back. When you restore a backup, the first thing that happens is an upgrade to the latest iOS version. All you get back from the restore is your data. Even the apps are all re-downloaded, so that all you get is the latest version of each.

In short, there is no going back. Once you pull that trigger, you are committed. That said, I doubt you will have anything to regret by upgrading.

• Just think of all the new emojis you’ll have at your disposal.

• @number37 said:
    Just think of all the new emojis you’ll have at your disposal.

Lol

• iPad 9.7 2017 model here. Running iOS 12 with no problems in BM3. ... or any other apps for that matter. very stable

• edited January 2019

@The_Bro i have an issue with Algorridim Djay all was smooth on iOS 11 till i upgraded last week to iOS 12 - the djay app freezes often which is annoying as I was using it as a virtual turntable into bm3 pre timestretching/pitch etc which is good for remixing vocals then recording into Bm3 - it works sort of when it wants to but glitchy cos the IAA .

• I have Algorridim Djay too although I haven't used it for Donkeys years lol.

• @The_Bro said:
    I have Algorridim Djay too although I haven't used it for Donkeys years lol.

Its very good for what i mentioned above Used as a virtual turntable

• Okay so I upgrade to IOS 12 and I'm noticing the left ear on the headphone output is louder than the right. Is this glitch or is my Ipad suddenly not work either way is very disturbing?!?!?

• @tk32 said:
    !!!

LMAO. This guy 😂😂😂😂

• haha - just messin' with you @The_Bro

There's absolutely no reason why ios12 should affect audio output

Have you tried a different headphone? and/or checked the cable/carefully cleaned the socket

• Tried some bluetooth headphones from a friend and it seemed fine. Going to try my Beyerdynamic headphones when I get home. Hopefully its just the headphones.

• edited January 2019

So checking bluetooth confirms it's not a problem with the app/settings, but obviously doesn't test the audio chip (DAC) or the headphone socket itself. Testing with a different set of wired headphones is (obviously) the only way to check those.

I'm surprised this seemed to coincide with the upgrade to iOS12 - sounds like a complete coincidence to me.

• @tk32 said:
    I'm surprised this seemed to coincide with the upgrade to iOS12 - sounds like a complete coincidence to me.

Me too. :-( I hope its just a faulty pair of headphones.