Might have been mentioned before Magellan app no sound in Exported files

Anyone else with this issue and any info
Thanks in advance

Comments

• You know what @winconway says about IAA...

Shoot it in the face!

The best thing you can do is contact the Magellan developer and beg him to make it AUv3. ...and he already knows how to do it, as his Galileo 2 included AUv3 support

• edited January 2019

Yeah IAA are not rendered when you render (export) your song, record any IAA to an audio track first, then you will be fine ;)

• @tk32 said:
    You know what @winconway says about IAA...

Shoot it in the face!

The best thing you can do is contact the Magellan developer and beg him to make it AUv3. ...and he already knows how to do it, as his Galileo 2 included AUv3 support

@tk32 Its a let down cos its a really good synth and thats coming from a dude who is a sampling addict since the 90s more than a synth producer A producer friend noticed the issue today so I checked it out and confirmed issue .

• edited January 2019

IAA is flaky as f**k

You get weird glitches, ghost instances, unable to launch, no patch recall, and no rendering in BM3.

You can see why I've completely abandoned IAA and do everything with AUv3 now.

It's really sad, because some of the best synths ever made for iOS are now either stuck in IAA limbo (the effort to update them is not cost effective) or they were released by Korg, so they will always be stuck in the perennial prison of proprietary purgatory.

• @winconway said:
    Yeah IAA are not rendered when you render (export) your song, record any IAA to an audio track first, then you will be fine ;)

• @winconway said:

@winconway said:

@winconway ok cheers My IAA Effects are ok so i guess its IAA Instruments issue. Thanks for info.

• although AU is really restricted by RAM.

• edited January 2019

@theinvisibleman said:
    although AU is really restricted by RAM.

So is IAA, you dont get free RAM by using an IAA, i’m guessing you mean with multiple instances sharing a set amount of RAM (which was modified in IOS 12 anyway) but IAA cant do multi instances, so not comparable anyway.

• I don’t think IAA has a RAM restriction like the AU does.

• @theinvisibleman said:
    I don’t think IAA has a RAM restriction like the AU does.

@theinvisibleman @winconway dude as winconway mentioned thats cos IAA can only load one instance -

• @beatmakerstorm said:

@theinvisibleman said:

@theinvisibleman @winconway dude as winconway mentioned thats cos IAA can only load one instance -

Yes. I understand, RAM isn’t just about how many instances you can have running.

• edited January 2019

@theinvisibleman said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@theinvisibleman said:

Yes. I understand, RAM isn’t just about how many instances you can have running.

@theinvisibleman Iam bored :-) peace

• @theinvisibleman I understand what you're saying re: RAM

I still would never use IAA in BM3 except for sampling purposes (such as the Korg iM1)

• I have Magellan and I have no idea why its not AUv3?