Bounce and Freeze mode

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Some kind of freeze mode and bounce in place can make things a lot easier in BM3, specially with the AU's instruments. Are any plan to include this feature? Thank you

Comments

• edited April 2018

This has had some big discussions here, all should be supported in my book..
    Freeze - Freezing a track to a hidden audio file to save CPU usage.
    Render in place - One click or drag n drop rendering a pattern to an audio file on the timeline.
    Pad Resample - Resample a pad to a baked single sample at the current pad trigger key/note.
    AUi Resample - Resample a loaded AUi to a bunch of user defined multi samples.

• Thanks for your answer. I hope to see these features one day because every DAW must have them these days and save a lot of time.

• Agreed. This is one of the reasons I’ve had to start using GarageBand. My iPad Air 2 can only handle so much. I prefer BM3 over GB so it would be a lovely addition in the future.

• edited April 2018

+1 for @5pinlink's list. Would be great to have those.

• +1 for @5pinlink’s list. This is the most important feature missing from Beatmaker3 for Audio Unit V3 and Inter-App Audio users. Even my iPad Pro starts freaking out with 3 instrument plugins loaded into Beatmaker3. The whole process of
    1. Load a plugin
    2. Create a pattern to sequence the part
    3. Sample the pattern to a pad
    4. Unload the plugin
    5. Create a blank pattern to sequence the pad note trigger
    6. Trim the sample
    7. Normalize the sample
    8. Repeat for each pattern
    ....really kills my creativity and productivity in Beatmaker3. If there is a better way, please let me know🤔

• Totally agree. I had much more fun in BM2 as it was simpler and more straightforward. I was convinced BM3 was more advanced (that is why I bought it) but it lacks in many fronts and destroys creativity for me as well. I am disaponted with many aspects of it: the library it comes with (BM2 was much better), the midi learn functionality (easier on BM2), the way plugins load into pads instead of recording directly to the timeline, many bugs and freezes, slow use with external plugins, etc...

• I set up an audio track and bounce the whole pattern into that. I go into the mixer and set the input to whatever bank it is I want to record. Is that what you guys are trying to do?

• edited January 2019

@JSimple said:
    I set up an audio track and bounce the whole pattern into that. I go into the mixer and set the input to whatever bank it is I want to record. Is that what you guys are trying to do?

Partially. That captures the audio, but you still need to go in remove the apps and FX that you recorded to free up CPU. You can try muting the channel, but in most cases that doesn’t have a big impact on CPU usage. Then, if you want to make changes, you have to reload and set again what you just recorded. A good freeze function will unload the apps in the frozen track, and reload them as they were when unfreezing the track.

It’s a useful crutch for people like me who have an unreasonable fear of committing to audio.

• Baking is entirely different, it is for resamplers like myself, and just saves a ton of time.