How do I copy and paste a pattern to another channel in BM3?

Seems like an obvious thing but I can't copy and paste a pattern to another channel or move a pattern. Please help a brother out. Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2019

@The_Bro
    1.Create a new bank that you want to copy to
    2.Goto arrangement/song window
    3.Drag original pattern to the new created bank

• Yeah I'm doing that but its not working :neutral:

• edited January 2019

@The_Bro if you want the sounds too though I usually copy/paste sounds to the newly created Bank then do the above or save the sounds as a Bank then do the above

• Thanks. Just want the midi pattern if that makes sense. All I want to do is put a sub on an existing bassline. Can do this in Beatmaker 2 but not Beatmaker 3 for some bizarre reason. It just refuses to work!!! :neutral:

• edited January 2019

Track to track.
    Top left, little session overview, press it with a selected track, it's called the pattern helper, you will see a list of all patterns for that track, drag to any track you like.

Pad to pad.
    Open the pattern so that you are in the step editor, select the notes on the particular pad you want (Long press its name in the list will select all notes on that pad) press duplicate, you will find only the duplicated notes are selected, move them to any pad you want.

• @5pinlink said:
    Track to track.
    Top left, little session overview, press it with a selected track, it's called the pattern helper, you will see a list of all patterns for that track, drag to any track you like.

Pad to pad.
    Open the pattern so that you are in the step editor, select the notes on the particular pad you want (Long press its name in the list will select all notes on that pad) press duplicate, you will find only the duplicated notes are selected, move them to any pad you want.

Wow thanks man - that worked!!! Bit long winded but at least I can move on lol.

• Not entirely sure it is long winded, open helper, drag to new track.
    Duplicate, move to new pad.

Neither is anymore long winded than any other way of doing it.
    Track to track comparison for drag n drop......
    Click item to select, drag to new track.
    Click pattern helper to open, drag to new track.
    So while it is different, it is no longer winded than anything else.

That being said i would like a raw vs edited workflow here, example.....
    If i drag from pattern helper it will always drag the raw content be it MIDI or audio, if track to track direct drag n drop is implemented it would drag n drop an item as edited (shortened, fades, volume etc when they are all available) this gives us best of both worlds and a very powerful drag n drop set up.

• I’m trying to copy and paste in song view I’m selecting the box icon to select I click duplicate then I try to drag it down to the bottom bank B. Nothing happens.
    Also selecting the scissor doesn’t do anything for me. And when in pattern view there’s one rectangle and another with two boxes. Those don’t do anything as well. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

• If you want to duplicate a pattern from one bank to another, open the pattern helper and just drag it to the new bank.

Scissor works fine, make sure you are on a viable grid setting, for instance if you only have patterns 1 bar long, and grid is set to 1 bar, scissors will do nothing.

In pattern view.
    Finger will enter a note the length of the grid setting.
    The first rectangle (should be a pencil instead) will enter a note but allow you to size it as you enter it.
    The two rectangles (should be a paintbrush instead) will paint continual notes at the current grid setting.

• @winconway said:
    If you want to duplicate a pattern from one bank to another, open the pattern helper and just drag it to the new bank.

Scissor works fine, make sure you are on a viable grid setting, for instance if you only have patterns 1 bar long, and grid is set to 1 bar, scissors will do nothing.

In pattern view.
    Finger will enter a note the length of the grid setting.
    The first rectangle (should be a pencil instead) will enter a note but allow you to size it as you enter it.
    The two rectangles (should be a paintbrush instead) will paint continual notes at the current grid setting.

If the rectangle should be a pencil and the two rectangles should be a paintbrush why aren’t they? And how do I make them become what they’re supposed to be? I’ve never seen those
    two other items

• Sorry, I worded that wrong instead of 'should be' read 'the developers should have considered using'.
    My mistake.