Recording Ruismaker Noir into BM3

Hey guys I could really use some help here. I’m kind of a noob at iOS workflow and relatively new to BM3. I have a sequence set up as a plug-in and it sounds nice, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to record it onto a track in the sequencer. I have this issue with most of my AUv3s. Please any advice would be fantastic.

(Sorry, new to the forums, I posted this in the wrong section before.)

Comments

• edited February 2019

I’m not certain from your description whether you’re trying to record the audio output you’re hearing into a track, or whether you’re hoping to record the note sequence from Noir into a pattern so that you can play it back.

To record the audio, first create a new audio track (see the manual if you don’t know how to do this). Then set the audio input source to Internal > RuisMaker Noir (or however the pad you have the plugin loaded shows up. Arm the track, then press record. There are other ways to go about this, but that’s the simplest to describe.

Unfortunately you can’t record the Midi as BM3 can’t currently record AUv3 plugin midi output. If that’s what you’re trying to do then. There are various workarounds for this, which are described in other threads.

I hope that helps. I’m far from an expert in BM3, but didn’t see any answers coming from more experienced users, so thought I’d take a shot.

• edited February 2019

If your MIDI notes are being generated by a plugin (eg an arpeggio MIDI plugin) the only way to capture these notes inside a pattern is to use Audioveek’s Route plugin (part of the MIDI Tools suite) to listen to all the MIDI notes generated by the plugin and ‘route’ these into the pattern when recording.

The BM3 developers have said the ability to record MIDI plugin output into MIDI patterns will be returning in the next update, so hopefully this workaround won’t be required for much longer.

• @number37 said:
    I’m not certain from your description whether you’re trying to record the audio output you’re hearing into a track, or whether you’re hoping to record the note sequence from Noir into a pattern so that you can play it back.

To record the audio, first create a new audio track (see the manual if you don’t know how to do this). Then set the audio input source to Internal > RuisMaker Noir (or however the pad you have the plugin loaded shows up. Arm the track, then press record. There are other ways to go about this, but that’s the simplest to describe.

Unfortunately you can’t record the Midi as BM3 can’t currently record AUv3 plugin midi output. If that’s what you’re trying to do then. There are various workarounds for this, which are described in other threads.

I hope that helps. I’m far from an expert in BM3, but didn’t see any answers coming from more experienced users, so thought I’d take a shot.

That was exactly it, thank you man that solves a lot of stuff for me. Took me a second to find the audio input source selection but I did. Again, thank you man. Back to makin music lol

• While I'm at it does anyone know how to get KB-1 to appear as an audio unit plug in in BM3 or at least how to record it with Audiobus?

• Well, you can load it sing the midi FX button near the bottom left side of the screen. (It is an AU midi FX, not a normal AU plugin like a synth). It’ll work for playing, but I don’t think you’ll be able to record the midi notes of anything you play. BM3 doesn’t record AU midi FX yet.

If you want to be able to record the midi of what you play on KB-1. You can:

• Load KB1 as a midi input in AudioBus, then in the output select Apps > Virtual Midi Bridge. In BM3 go to settings and make sure that AudioBus Input is turned on. Then select AudioBus as the input port of the pad you want to play. Switch to keys mode on the pad.
    • OR, don’t bother with AudioBus, just load the Standalone KB-1 and then set the pad to receive from it.

It seems like you should also be able to load the IAA version of KB-1 into a pad in BM3, then set the pad you have a synth on to receive from it, but I couldn’t find it in the list of InterApp Audio apps.

Hope it helps ...