My new album completely created in BM2: Beat Cretin - On Commute

I wanted to share my newly released hiphop instrumentals album created with BM2 while commuting to and from work. Please give it a listen and let me know what you think!

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/3OsdWXzPhoCZkzpTiKOzZf?si=XWN_ORyZTqqXnvFSUIyt_Q

Soundcloud:

Comments

• Nice man. Impressive that you did these on BM2. Listening to them at the moment.

• I like how you processed the drums very cool man. Nice raw flavour. I like that these instrumentals are pretty uplifting too.

• How you process the drums? Bit crusher or something. Sound like they come from SP1200 or something!! :wink:

• Dance with Destiny reminds me of Prefuse 73. Sorry I'll shut up now lol.

• good job. highly enjoyable! listening through the whole album now. I can imagine your head nodding away on your commute to and from work :).

• @The_Bro said:
    How you process the drums? Bit crusher or something. Sound like they come from SP1200 or something!! :wink:

Thanks for listening! I try to sample in raw/dusty drums to begin with off of records or original recordings, which helps a lot! But yeah, I usually add just a touch of BitCrusher (~14-16bit, ~30-40k frequency), also a touch of delay and/or reverb. I also eq out a bit of the mids. Also, I layer a lot of my kicks, snares and hats at slightly different tuning and panning.

• @fever404 said:

@The_Bro said:
    How you process the drums? Bit crusher or something. Sound like they come from SP1200 or something!! :wink:

Thanks for listening! I try to sample in raw/dusty drums to begin with off of records or original recordings, which helps a lot! But yeah, I usually add just a touch of BitCrusher (~14-16bit, ~30-40k frequency), also a touch of delay and/or reverb. I also eq out a bit of the mids. Also, I layer a lot of my kicks, snares and hats at slightly different tuning and panning.

Sound really authentic dude. Great stuff.