BPM Question - Newbie

So, I just started using the app to make heavy sample based music. I load in my sample and it looks like global BPM is set to 90 by default, while sample BPM is set to 120. How do I set the BPM so that everything speeds up and slows with the global BPM change instead of stretching out my sample. I hope that makes sense.

Comments

• You want your samples to pitch up or down, as they're sped up or slowed down, with global BPM change? I don't think that's possible in BM3 yet.

• I've never tried it, but if you set all your samples to auto-scale then they are supposed to auto adjust when you change the BPM.

Win once did a video where the Mr snow miser track stayed in time with a breakbeat as he ramped the BPM, and it was all done with the auto-scale feature.

The reason I don't ever use auto-scale (you ask?).. there are two reasons. 1. I don't like the sound of time stretched audio (unless used as a deliberate effect) and 2, I usually stick to one BPM shortly after starting a project.

• No, I think I just phrased my question in a weird. I'm asking how to set the BPM. So that when I change the global, the sample reflects that

• No problem. Auto scale mode should still work for you, it will slow your 120bpm loop down to 90bpm.

But you may need to check that it calculated the sample length correctly in number of bars and beats. Sometime it gets the calculation a little wrong and you have to manually tweak it

• edited August 2019

Wait...

I need to re-test this feature this evening.

It's been a long time since I last used it and I think I may be remembering it wrong.

(Watch this space...)

• Thanks @StudioES

You're on fire with these annotated screenshots lately.

I'm grateful for your help on these forums :)

• Hope I live up to expectations.

:)

• @tk32 the new mod? CONGRATS! a well deserved and wise choice.

• @BitterGums said:
    @tk32 the new mod? CONGRATS! a well deserved and wise choice.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully I’ll be prepared when this forum explodes after the next update drops (later this month)

• @tk32 said:

Hopefully I’ll be prepared when this forum explodes after the next update drops (later this month)

If the update works as expected you've got absolutely nothing to worry about ;)