Key detection!!!

I feel this is the only thing missing from this app. All the other options are here and it’s crazy it’s not in the sampler section. I mean there is pitch options but what’s the point if we don’t know the key of the sample we’re using. This would be so handy to make sure we have our samples in key with the rest of our song.

Please add this guys.

Comments

• Agreed this would be an amazing feature to have!

• StudioES. That plugin analyser and tuner is exactly what I’m looking for. And it’s in auv3. Awesome Thanks mate.
    Let’s hope they do stick in a key detection feature at some point.

• I’d also recommend the 4pockets Tuner. It works well for me.

• I’m constantly amazed by the automatic pitch & key detection in Logic’s Alchemy Synth and sure about it would be awesome to have that feature in BM3 as well!

• +1 for the key detection feature @vincent

• Yeah agree with this most definitely. Would be very helpful!!

• 4pockets tuner is decent but find the key detection is just to quick on one shot samples such as kicks or snares. The only work around that kinda works is Audiobus from AudioShare. Have the sample loop constantly, routed to GarageBand tuner. Not ideal and defo kills workflow. This should be easy enough to throw in.

• Hello everyone,

Would you like the key detection to set the root note of the sample ?
    Then the pad default key (C3) would probably pitch the sample.

Let us know,
    We'll see what we can do.

All the best,
    Vincent B.

• @vincent said:
    Hello everyone,

Let us know,
    We'll see what we can do.

All the best,
    Vincent B.

That's not a bad idea. I'm ok with that. Let's see what other think.

• @vincent said:
    Hello everyone,

What about an option to set both?
    Ie. set the root note for the sample and ask the user if the pad should trigger the root note?

Defaults for these options could also be set in the settings so when loading samples they would be key detected and the pad would play the sample 'as is' at its original pitch.

That's my take on this.
    (I like the way Alchemy in Logic Pro X handles pitch detection when loading multiple samples in one go, it key-detects and maps the samples like 'magic', no need to rename or tag the files).

Cheers!

• I would also like to know the key of a sample loaded. And maybe have a global key setting for the whole project. That might be a lot harder to do.

• I would love this, a very needed feature. Been doing it by ear or by exporting sample to Beat Time which has a great key detection algo, but both methods eat up time. Having this in BM3 would save so much time.