What audio formats does BM3 support?

Looked in manual and in forum but can’t find anything. So far seems just .wav and .aiff formats. No compression formats like AAC. I know I know that’s lossy garbo sound quality, but sometimes there’s no other choice when it’s rare stuff that only exists in compressed formats. I’ve been having to convert AAC or Mp3 to .Wav which does nothing for the audio quality and just wastes space.

Comments

• edited August 2019

BM3 will not load any compressed audio, but... the browser is able to convert a range of common formats back into WAVE files such as MP3, M4A/AAC. Simply import the compressed audio files into your imports folder then tap the 3 dots inside BM3’s file browser and let it convert the audio to WAV.

Note - I take your point that WAV files use more storage, but there are several technical reasons why the uncompressed version of the audio file must be present in the BM3 file system (eg audio tracks, quick-loading projects, disk-streaming mode in the sampler)

• edited August 2019

Thanks again TK, I’m glad youre so active here.

• You’re welcome.

Keep the good questions coming, and I’ll always do my best to answer them :)