Staggered midi notes

Man, love this app but it does weird stuff a lot. Have a kick drum that triggers perfectly when I tap the pad, but when I play it or enter it into the pattern as first note it’s staggered by like a 1/16th note even though it’s the first note in the pattern.

Any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• edited August 2019

Yep - you've accidentally toggled 16th note-repeats on.

Common mistake/issue; very easy fix

See my circled, 1/16 note repeater below, which shows I have the repeater toggled ON - You‘ll want to tap this so it’s white again (OFF)

If i remember correctly these note repeat settings are ‘per pad’ - so you may need to cycle through each pad and see if any others have it left on by mistake too.

• Lol. Some times I bump those damn settings when I’m jamming out, I think it happens to the best of us

• edited August 2019

Yep.

I kinda wish they were set so only double-tap keeps them toggled.

Just like how the shift key on the iPad keyboard becomes Capslock if you double-tap it.

I'd prefer if the note repeats only temporarily activate when held with my left hand.

• Wasn’t that though I’ll watch out for that one. Figured it out, the layer trigger mode somehow got switched to “On Release”. Don’t remember setting the sample to that but setting it back to One Shot sorted it.

• @cthulufunk said:
    Wasn’t that though I’ll watch out for that one. Figured it out, the layer trigger mode somehow got switched to “On Release”. Don’t remember setting the sample to that but setting it back to One Shot sorted it.

Glad you figured it out. :)