Recording

I just recently got beatmaker 3 I've learned the basics and i was trying to record vocals from my mic....when i arm my channel and go to pick a audio input the only 1 there is ipad microphone....Can anyone help me or had this same problem?

Comments

• Is the microphone USB or 3.5mm TRRS?
    3.5 (choose iPad microphone)
    USB (make sure the mic shows up as a usable device in BM3 audio/midi devices in settings.

OR

Are you attempting to use an external audio interface?

• @mefisme said:
    Is the microphone USB or 3.5mm TRRS?
    3.5 (choose iPad microphone)
    USB (make sure the mic shows up as a usable device in BM3 audio/midi devices in settings.

OR

Are you attempting to use an external audio interface?

• I am using a 3.5mm withjust a regular irig audio interface with 48v.....

• @StudioES said:
    iRig Pre? The one that connects through the headphone/mic jack and not lightning? I believe 'iPad Microphone' or 'iPhone headset' is the correct input. When plugging it in, the iPad should automatically disable the iPad Mic located on the iPad near the front camera. Then it should record the mic attached to your iRig Pre. Turn up the Input Gain on the iRig. Let us know.

• Yes its a irig pre....im going to try it to night....thanks

• edited September 2019

Choose iPad microphone. @StudioES explained it best. Your internal iPad's microphone should be disabled once an iRig Pre is connected, but the 3.5mm audio jack is still the iPad's microphone input with a TRRS connection.

One hardware hole, 1 in, 1 out. (Well technically 2 outs in mono.)