New user question: editing velocity of midi notes

Hi all, joined the ranks of Beatmaker 3 users yesterday and I'm really loving it so far. Very intuitive and easy to use. Looking forward to discovering more with time.

However I have already come stuck! I've search for answers but I can't find any, so here I am. I created a drum loop and I want to reduce the velocity of one of the notes so that it feels like a ghost note, much softer than the note preceding it to add some human feel to the groove.

I can't find any function where I can reduce the velocity of a note. This is easy in Gadget, Auria and I'm sure Cubasis (I don't have it).

Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks

Comments

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Hi all, joined the ranks of Beatmaker 3 users yesterday and I'm really loving it so far. Very intuitive and easy to use. Looking forward to discovering more with time.

However I have already come stuck! I've search for answers but I can't find any, so here I am. I created a drum loop and I want to reduce the velocity of one of the notes so that it feels like a ghost note, much softer than the note preceding it to add some human feel to the groove.

I can't find any function where I can reduce the velocity of a note. This is easy in Gadget, Auria and I'm sure Cubasis (I don't have it).

Anyone know how to do this?
    Thanks

Double click pattern to take you to pattern edit. Go to bottom screen. Click on pattern automation. Select midi velocity which should already be defauot selected. Reduce velocity using appropriate line draw input tool. This is from top of my head, as don’t have it in front of me here but pretty sure that’s it.

• Next to the pattern automation button is the pattern midi button, and in there velocity should be there for you

• Thanks guys. I see it. Perfect.

• Hmm. I'm having a hard time seeing this.

I select "Pattern" from the song/scenes/pattern tabs near the top of the screen. A note scroll (pitch up/down, time left/right) shows up.

I select (tap) "Pattern Automations" at the bottom right of the screen. Another scroll shows up in the bottom half of the screen. But, there is no setting/adjustment defaulting, just a (+) icon on the left of the scroll.

Touch (+), and a parameter list comes up on the left of the screen. The first option is Volume, which isn't quite the same as velocity. Other options seem to be "mixing board" related as well: Pan, Mute, Solo, Send n, and a cascade menu with the plugin/track + pad number name and the same options repeated within it.

Similarly, "Pattern MIDI" at the bottom of the pattern editor just has a list of CC types for which a modulation/controller value can be inserted, but not an option to edit velocity of existing notes.

The individual notes show a white line across the block of the note indicating the velocity, but the menu that comes up at the bottom of the grid for the note when you touch a note only has quantize and cut-n-paste related options, without a velocity adjustment option.

Suggestion: add edit velocity as an option when a note is selected???

What did I miss, where is the thingy to edit velocity on one or more notes?

Thanks in advance.

• @StudioES said:
    You were looking in the right place, but must of just missed it. Here it is:

Thanks! Smack across the face now: MIDI, right next to Automations at the bottom of the screen.