Beta Forum?

Where is the new Beta Forum? We had one in the earlier beta and it was quite helpful.

Comments

• Right now all the beta testers I know are in the discord server in a private beta channel, and we've got a private Trello board to track bugs and features. If you're in the beta, please reach out to @tk32 so he can see your proof and add you to these things!

• Hey @tk32 - I'd like to get in on that discord channel, please . :)
    I don't know what Trello is, though.... :D

• @DeanDaughters said:
    Hey @tk32 - I'd like to get in on that discord channel, please . :)
    I don't know what Trello is, though.... :D

Check your PMs ;)

• @philowerx follow the sticky thread here to join our Discord server, the DM me once you're there and I'll get you setup.

• @tk32 said:
    @philowerx follow the sticky thread here to join our Discord server, the DM me once you're there and I'll get you setup.

Thanks TK!

• Ok, joined Discord BM3 Beta thing but it just seems like a single long chat room thread. I see very little discussion of BM3 bugs. If they’re there, they are buried quickly. Oh well... So why is there no longer a dedicated BM3 Beta forum?

• edited September 2019

[comment edited by mod] - sorry Xander

Perhaps the beta forum was something set up by the previous forum mod, before he left.

• edited September 2019

@XanderJames said:
    The previous mod threw a hissy fit and quit. The beta forum was probably his creation

There was beta forum before 5pinlink aka Conway’s time as moderator. He did invite me to the discord group but I didn’t join until tk32 suggested I join today.
    Back on topic though, why is there no longer a dedicated BM3 beta forum?

• Ok guys, please can we not talk about users who aren't here to defend themselves.

5pin/Win did a tremendous service to this forum and the bm3 community, so I won't let his name be dragged through the mud.

Thanks

• @tk32 said:
    Ok guys, please can we not talk about users who aren't here to defend themselves.

5pin/Win did a tremendous service to this forum and the bm3 community, so I won't let his name be dragged through the mud.

Thanks

No mud dragging. Just wondering why there is no beta forum.

• edited September 2019

@philowerx said:

@tk32 said:
    Ok guys, please can we not talk about users who aren't here to defend themselves.

Thanks

All bugs are discussed in great detailed in Trello. That's why we created one. Please read it over.

The sever is just for us to communicate and whatever we find we dump it there.

As to why we don't have a beta forum i don't know but that's not gonna stop me from bug hunting and posting them in the chat and Trello for others to verify.

• edited September 2019

Ok> @hansjbs said:

@philowerx said:

@tk32 said:

Thanks

All bugs are discussed in great detailed in Trello. That's why we created one. Please read it over.

As to why we don't have a beta forum i don't know but that's not gonna stop me from bug hunting and posting them in the chat and Trello for others to verify.

Thanks, didn’t know about Trello. Off to find another secret forum. 🤣

• @philowerx said:
    Ok> @hansjbs said:

@philowerx said:

@tk32 said:

Thanks

Lol. It's not a forum. Just a server where we log and confirm bugs. Vincent is very active on it.

• lol! > @hansjbs said:

@philowerx said:
    Ok> @hansjbs said:

@philowerx said:

@tk32 said:

Thanks

Lol. It's not a forum. Just a server where we log and confirm bugs. Vincent is very active on it.

lol! I’m in my 60’s. They’re all chat rooms to me! 😂

• Lol. I still haven’t created a trello account, I just hate the aspect of having yet another place to go log into and report bugs, I’ve been doing it through TestFlight and also telling the other beta testers what I’ve found through discord. Hope that doesn’t make me look lazy, but time is scarce for me these days.

• @selfinflict3 said:
    Lol. I still haven’t created a trello account, I just hate the aspect of having yet another place to go log into and report bugs, I’ve been doing it through TestFlight and also telling the other beta testers what I’ve found through discord. Hope that doesn’t make me look lazy, but time is scarce for me these days.

That's absolutely fine. Whatever you can contribute is greatly appreciated.

Besides, we have a team of people who can post it on Trello on your behalf.

The big advantage of Trello is that the important stuff doesn't get drowned in chat, and is easy for the developer to read.. and also... posting suspected bugs on Trello allows others to test things themselves and confirm if it's a proper bug.

In other words.. we're not trying to make this hard for anyone. Just keep doing what you're doing :+1:

• Thank you @tk32 and also thank you all for all the hard work and dedication