Xiaomi A2 Lite export playback problem

This is super random. I have a bunch of different tracks exported to my drop box. Tracks that have been made with a few different apps like Gadget, iMPC pro, iMPC pro 2 and Beatmaker 3. All of these have played fine on my iPad, my old phone (Samsung s5) and my PC. I got a new phone, a Xiaomi A2 Lite. All of the tracks that are in Dropbox play fine except the Beatmaker 3 files. I am not on this forum all that much, but I thought I would point out this random bug I found. It’s a really random phone but maybe someone else has one or is experiencing something similar with another phone. I hope this can get fixed.

Comments

• Do you know the format of the files? Are the “wav”, “aiff”, or? Can you find the sample rate, etc? It seems most likely that the files are simply in an audio format that the operating system of your phone doesn’t recognize. You may be able to convert them to something that it does recognize using AudioShare or other tools.

• @number37 said:
    Do you know the format of the files? Are the “wav”, “aiff”, or? Can you find the sample rate, etc? It seems most likely that the files are simply in an audio format that the operating system of your phone doesn’t recognize. You may be able to convert them to something that it does recognize using AudioShare or other tools.

I was about to say the same.

• Yeah I was thinking the same thing. All the files are waves. I tried 24 bit and 16 bit. Both don’t play. I’ll try to convert it to something else in AudioShare. Its weird.

• edited September 2019

Check samplerate. Maybe 44.1khz vs 48 or 96.
    Strange though, if they’re wav’s.

• Ok. So I went into AudioShare and just converted it to the same exact specs as the original file. My phone will play the converted file. Not sure what is going on here with Beatmaker files and a Xiaomi A2 Lite. I did find the work around. But I thought I’d share the issue I was having. Maybe there is a weird bug.

• What app is your phone using to play them? From what I've read I think this is likely to be the problem.

I remember reading years ago that some Android users had problems with 24bit WAV files... but in most cases it turned out to be a limitation of stock audio player. There are many better options on the Google Play store that will play 24bit just fine.

Hope this helps.

• Yeah if its a wav then Android's native player may not play them as I discovered with my Moto One Vision phone.

• A converted 24 bit 44100hz file will play as long as it is the audioshare file. But it won’t play a Beatmaker file. Even if the Beatmaker file is exported as 16bit. All my my other app exports play fine......I’ve tested it with Google Play Music, YouTube Music, and the native files app.

• Could be a case of little vs big endian as *.wav files can actually be both but if the player app assumes one of them it will fail to play...

• @StudioES said:
    DOH! Ruf ruf ruf......ruf

There are two Indians: a big Indian, and a little Indian. the little Indian is the big Indian’s son but the big Indian is not the little Indian’s father. How is this possible?

Endian NOT Indian ;)
    (It's a byte order thing).

• @StudioES said:
    Yeah I was poking fun at myself for missing that. Still can't figure out the riddle though. :smiley:

This one is even better ;)

• BM3 saves tempo, loop, and slice info in the files. This is great for use in BeatHawk and as Live Loops in GarageBand, but I bet it confuses the android file player. Re-saving in AudioShare should strip that out.