Elektron style 'trig conditions'

Another biggie... Seems like something that would be maybe be feasible to implement tho?

In piano roll editor you could have a 'probability' (or similarly named) button. Hit that and press a note/notes in piano roll. Pop up menu appears and gives you options similar to those on Elektron re their conditional trigs.

This is potentially a huge rabbit hole for intua to explore ;) But would be a massive addition, for the Scenes mode especially.

Comments

• I second this request.

• I third this request👍

• edited October 2019

Can someone post a link to a video showing this feature. I don't know anything about that hardware

• basically you can give a propability (from 0% to 100%) for a event to be played.
    had the digitakt for 10 days and loved this function for programming drums and make them randomly change over time👍

• +20 for any sort of trigger probability settings! :)

GR-16 Grooverider has this

TON drum machine has this, too - I made a video on it:

• edited October 2019

DigiStix, EG Pulse, Patterning 2, Drum Perfect Pro, and Quantum all have per-step probability as well. I’d love to see this in all my DAWs and Sequencers, including BM3. As feature requests go, this one seems like it would be high reward vs. effort proposition.

Rozeta XOX and Rhythm have a less controllable “mutate” function whereby you can set the probability on a pad, not note, basis. The mutate setting determines the chance that the opposite of whatever is programmed on the steps will happen.

GR-16 additionally has trigger conditions per step, so that you can do things like only play a fill on the third repeat of bar four of the pattern, or only if the previous note did not play. There are a whole slew of options that can be combined in unique ways.

• @number37 said:
    DigiStix, EG Pulse, Patterning 2, Drum Perfect Pro, and Quantum all have per-step probability as well. I’d love to see this in all my DAWs and Sequencers, including BM3. As feature requests go, this one seems like it would be high reward vs. effort proposition.

Rozeta XOX and Rhythm have a less controllable “mutate” function whereby you can set the probability on a pad, not note, basis. The mutate setting determines the chance that the opposite of whatever is programmed on the steps will happen.

GR-16 additionally has trigger conditions per step, so that you can do things like only play a fill on the third repeat of bar four of the pattern, or only if the previous note did not play. There are a whole slew of options that can be combined in unique ways.

GR-16 uses the ‘Shift’ button to trigger fill.. DP-Pro has Probability?
    Pretty sad the major Desktop DAWs have not seen the importance of this..

• @RajahP said:
    DP-Pro has Probability?

Yes. There’s an A-B slider and you can set the velocity to zero for the A or B side, effectively acting as probability. There are also trigger conditions of a type, though I won’t try to describe how they work here. It’s explained better in the manual.