Track Volume changes on its own, without automation

The title says it all, no automations whatsoever.. tried double tapping the volume knob and resetting but the issue remains. At different points of a song playback some track’s volume simply jumps up or goes all the way down. Quite frustrating

Comments

• It sounds to me like you may have accidentally recorded some volume automation to the song sequencer.

I'll try to record a quick video for you later today showing how to check if this is the case, and then remove it if so.

• thank you that’d be nice of you. although i do not see anything recorded in the automations window and i’m sure i haven’t messed with any values while recording was on..
    regards

• Oh sorry - I completely forgot about the promise I made!

I'll try to get that video done as soon as I have a spare moment. Thanks for holding on..

• Does the fader move in the mixer? i.e. jump up and down when the volume changes?

• @abovethespell

The first thing to check is in the track automation lane. Here’s a short video that shows how to find and delete volume automation (assuming that’s where yours is)

If this doesn’t work for you, let me know, and we’ll move onto further troubleshooting.

• thanks heaps for the video! the automation window is untouched, no values changed or added whatsoever, yet the volume still jumps up and down. i have found that my only solution at this point would be ADDING the volume automation to get it to remain constant..

• @BitterGums said:
    Does the fader move in the mixer? i.e. jump up and down when the volume changes?

yes the volume fader moves on its own..

• @abovethespell said:

@BitterGums said:
    Does the fader move in the mixer? i.e. jump up and down when the volume changes?

yes the volume fader moves on its own..

Then there has to be automation or modulation somewhere. If there's no track automation (make sure you open and close it and ope again, this app is currently riddled with refresh bugs) then I'd look inside each of your patterns for pattern automation. You could share your session and I bet we'd find it, but I understand if you'd rather not.

• hey guys pardon the absense. i’m still having the bug. basically the volume track is doing its own thing wether i use automation or not. you can see it in the video.
    it’s puzzling and quite an anomaly

best regards

• edited November 2019

What about actual MIDI CC#7. Possible a plugin is/did cause it to record into BM3?

I mean this could be any of the following:
    Ghost pattern midi
    Ghost pattern automation
    Ghost track automation

From any previous automation in BM3 or plugin.

@abovethespell is this a unique pattern? Is the midi notes in piano roll from a single pad?

I personally would check pattern automation/pattern midi. And remember more than one CC value for volume. CC#7 and CC#39

• @abovethespell said:
    hey guys pardon the absense. i’m still having the bug. basically the volume track is doing its own thing wether i use automation or not. you can see it in the video.
    it’s puzzling and quite an anomaly

best regards

You didn't show the pattern automation on pattern 4.

Also, you should share the session so we can look at it.