How do I build a multi-sample instrument in Beatmaker 3?

edited November 2019 in Support

Dear developers of Beatmaker 3 would it be possible to Add a multi sampler instrument in the next Beatmaker 3 update? The multi sampler would have these features Number (1) Sample Mapping View where you can map your samples and set them to different Multiple keys and zones Number (2) Edit view where you can edit and customize your samples and waves number (3) recorder where you can record from the microphone or inter app audio number (4) multi velocity sensitive keys and pads number (5) multi sampler instrument folders view where you can create name and save your instruments that you’ve created number (6) have all instrument type categories Number (7) Sampler import view where you can import samples from Dropbox Audio share Audio copy The files app and even samples from the web browser like SFZ/ SF2/ EXS /And even a multi sample Files

Comments

• Ummmm.... BM3 already has everything you want - except for the multi format(s) import.

It's main feature is the sampler, which can do everything you asked, but you have to build your own patches.

It does not import other formats at this time.

Definitely read up on the manual... and watch a lot of my videos ;)

I made some videos which should help you get to better grips with it:

• edited November 2019

I’ll be honest @jonavin, it’s a little frustrating that you don’t seem to have paid any attention to the replies people took the time to try to help you in your previous thread before posting a new one asking again for same things that are already in the software.

If there are things you don’t understand in the various posts, manual references, and videos people have provided, by all means please ask questions. If it seems that you’ve at least tried to understand, I’m sure people will do all they can to help you.

• Btw, +1 for SF2, SFZ, ESX import. 👍

• @jonavin said:
    Dear developers of Beatmaker 3 would it be possible to Add a multi sampler instrument in the next Beatmaker 3 update? The multi sampler would have these features Number (1) Sample Mapping View where you can map your samples and set them to different Multiple keys and zones Number (2) Edit view where you can edit and customize your samples and waves number (3) recorder where you can record from the microphone or inter app audio number (4) multi velocity sensitive keys and pads number (5) multi sampler instrument folders view where you can create name and save your instruments that you’ve created number (6) have all instrument type categories Number (7) Sampler import view where you can import samples from Dropbox Audio share Audio copy The files app and even samples from the web browser like SFZ/ SF2/ EXS /And even a multi sample Files

@tk32 this can already be done in BM3 and the OP was already told how to in his previous thread. Not sure how you can handle this, maybe merge it with his previous thread that @number37 posted above.
    @jonavin please follow instructions already provided to you. As many as stated here and previous thread BM3 can already do this.

• Hello you guys ( : I’m really sorry for the inconvenience that I have made in the last page and this page I have been trying to add different samples and layering them but to be honest I just can’t get it down yet For but for Now? I’ll keep practicing until I find a way and see what I can do

• Good luck. I’m sure you’ll get it eventually. As mentioned earlier, BM3 can already do everything you’ve asked for except for importing already made SF2/SFZ/ESX files. The videos are really good and should help explain it.

If you run up against any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask. But start from the assumption that it can be done, and things will go better. B)

• edited November 2019

Thanks for the heads-up @hansjbs

I am going to change the title and category of both threads because multi-sampling is fully supported (so doesn’t need to be a feature request). Then I’ll either merge the two threads, or link from one to the other.

Thanks @number37 and @DeanDaughters for helping explain things to @jonavin