I need BM2 Sound Library/Pack converted to use with BM3

I really need the original sound library (pack) that came with BM2 to use (if possible) on BM3. Do you sell the original BM2 sound libray's DRUM MACHINE and KEYBOARD SAMPLER converted to work on BM3? I've searched through all 19 of your posted BM3 sound packs and could not find BM2's original sounds.

Please tell me this is something you can do and how much will it cost? LOL

Comments

• To BM3 Staff

I really need the original sound library (pack) that came with BM2 to use (if possible) on BM3. Do you sell the original BM2 sound libray's DRUM MACHINE and KEYBOARD SAMPLER converted to work on BM3? I've searched through all 19 of your posted BM3 sound packs and could not find BM2's original sounds.

Please tell me this is something you can do and how much will it cost? LOL

• @Ddad You can import all the sound packs from BM2 into BM3. Just import/move the BM2 kits into the banks directory in BM3 ..under the Folder Icon. If you do it all at once and don't see the change right away, go into Settings and hit > Rescan Database and they'll be there.

• edited December 2019

@BitterGums

I'll try that, thanks in advance. I'm trying to figure the steps out now...

• edited December 2019

I've never actually used BM2 (slightly embarrassingly) but I am pretty sure you can load BM2 kits inside BM3 – provided you can find a way to transfer them from one app to the other

A few small features are not supported, such as amp envelopes, but all sounds should be present, so you should therefore be able to achieve your objective of getting BM2 drum sounds into BM3 with just a little extra tinkering.

Can anyone here with BM2 experience ( @hansjbs @mefisme @StudioES) please confirm if I've got this right?

• edited December 2019

Just realised there was a dupe of this thread so I've merged them together.

To the OP: please don't double-post. Hopefully it was just an accident in this case :+1:

• The easiest way is to find the *.ipa file for Beatmaker 2, rename it to *.zip, extract it and copy over the banks & samples over to BM3 and then re-scan the database...

• @samu said:
    The easiest way is to find the *.ipa file for Beatmaker 2, rename it to *.zip, extract it and copy over the banks & samples over to BM3 and then re-scan the database...

B)

• @tk32 said:

@samu said:
    The easiest way is to find the *.ipa file for Beatmaker 2, rename it to *.zip, extract it and copy over the banks & samples over to BM3 and then re-scan the database...

B)

Yeah, I wonder when the question to 're-install BM3 factory content' pop's up :D
    The 'content' is in a *.zip file in the BM3 app-bundle and is extracted on first launch...
    (A 'Re-Install Factory Content' feature would simply un-zip the file but for now the user has to delete and re-install the app, DOH!).

• Yes it can be done @samu got the quickest way to do it

• OK I'm having no luck in finding a way to collect the BM2's *.ipa file or importing the original sound packs that came with BM2 (Drum Machine & Keyboard Sampler). I purchased BM2 and BM3 but cannot retrieve the original sound packs from BM2, do anyone have them or know a way to get them? I asked Intua (Vincent Bongiorno) if they where available to download from them (Pay or Free) but haven't received a reply as yet...

Thanks in advance!

• edited December 2019

I just set BM2 to File Transfer (FTP) and then added it as a source in another file manager to move the files all on the same iPad. That worked for me. Pretty easy with readdle docs.

Save the built in packs as user packs in BM2, enable ftp, document the IP address (you already know the username, password and port), minimize, add as ftp server in readdle.

Anytime you need to transfer files to/from ipad, load BM2 as ftp (file transfer) and it will connect in any other file manager on the same iPad that supports this.

Here’s an image for readdle..Hope this helps.

• Super thanks guys I found a link on their site that allowed me to transfer my previous beats (Projects & Presets) and it works GREAT.

@StudioES & @mefisme I'm going to try your suggestions to attempt to transfer the complete Banks and Presets...

Again I thank all of you for helping!

• This is a good thread. Need to get my head around this stuff.

• Bm2 library has a lot of good sounds and kits. Along with bm1 sounds also included. More worth having then a lot of the bm3 library you had to buy.

It would be awesome if they did have those packs in sound store for downloads instead of jumping they hoops to get it. The sounds pack that were bought in bm2 has a lot of goodies to use also

• @stormywaterz Thanks, I'm going to wait... Hopefully these guys see the thread and create that ultimate original pack (BM1 & BM2) if so I'll purchase.

• Unfortunately their customer service is kinda slow or NON EXISTING at this point, I placed a ticket 12 days ago regarding adding the original BM2 packs to their store... The ticket is still open with no type of response, shame on them LOL

• @Ddad Do you still need the packs? I dug around and found the .ipa files for BM2 on my old macbook. All the packs are there. I can put them up on dropbox or something. let me know.

• edited December 2019

@BitterGums "ABSOLUTELY"

• @BitterGums said:
    @Ddad Do you still need the packs? I dug around and found the .ipa files for BM2 on my old macbook. All the packs are there. I can put them up on dropbox or something. let me know.

Yes, Yes, Yes!

• Ok. Cool. I'll get you a link when they are done uploading.

• @BitterGums said:
    Ok. Cool. I'll get you a link when they are done uploading.

Super thanks partner :D

• here ya go
    everything is exactly as it was in the .ipa file. I just had to break it into 3 folders ... as my system wasn't liking one big upload to dropbox.. but everything is labeled clearly.

All the BM1 stuff and the BM2 'drum machine' packs are in the first link. And the BM2 'keyboard sampler' pack is split into the 2nd and 3rd links: (each link around 200MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5h9yxf6ec6394zm/AABcJVcUIPjJVhKpISP50EvPa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q976fwjrh026on7/AAArpviF37MsTByboK1R-08Va?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c6qrn1nqxsplznr/AAB1mg_V3xKJwdsn5n5Uix2Pa?dl=0

• @BitterGums WOW you're a true "GEM", I had to clean things up a little to function in BM3 correctly... The original packs are filled with goodies, my friend I really thank you :) :) :)

• @Ddad no problem! glad it all worked out for ya.. those packs are good stuff

• edited February 2020

@StudioES cool. glad I kept them up so somebody else could enjoy them. won't be able to keep them in my dropbox forever.

ALSO, it's partly all thanks to you as you were the one that reminded me that 'ancient version of iTunes archived iOS apps & their *.ipa files'. After you posted that I peaked around an old MacBook and realized I had the ipa files. ..teamwork..